translate

Saturday 4 May 2013

TRADITIONAL ENGLISH BEACH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


TRADITIONAL ENGLISH BEACH

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Sunshine in my heart

An early May start

Feel the breeze through my hair

Passing the walkways without care

The birds sing delightful tunes

I walk a mile to the sand dunes

The splashing playful waves

 Flashing white towards caves

I love the sea smells

Collecting colourful shells

In my hands I carry my sandals

Across the water I skim pebbles

Rolling my trousers up to paddle

Oh I am such a sea life rebble

Ha, I’m sure that was a mermaid

She was clear, but watch her fade

A child has left a well used spade

I can’t help myself but to pick it up

What a childish game

In the sand I write my name

Feeling the sun raise, got to watch my skin

Turning an angry shade of flame

Oh can’t leave the beach without a ride

On Jack the donkey

And a go on the slide

I hear the chimes of the calling song

The ice cream van waits all day long

Then at the end of the pretty pier

Next to the view of the surfers so near

And just beyond are the tall ships

I shall sit with a bag of fish and chips

My day at the coast

Is a dream to most

For me reality

Living next to the sea

Is a party and the ocean is the host

I am her guest

Walking on sands

Which is among the best

I love the Northumberland beach

And the lessons it can teach

With its rare birds and seals

It’s the real seaside deal

 

No comments: