translate

Friday 24 May 2013

TROPICAL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Tropical

By Fiona Cummings

A tropical paradise with sands so white

A turquoise ocean with waves of delight

A cocktail of fruits fresh from the trees

A much needed relief from the gentle breeze

The fragrant flowers fill the air

A kind smile people want to share

BBQ evenings on the shore

Delicious food we all adore

The sounds of steel drums echo in the distance

A young couple in love, a beautiful romance

 Hand in hand I begin to dance

With my true love my second chance

From running in the valley at school

Laughing and playing the fool

To loving the Caribbean

I feel like I’m dreaming

My heart beats with the rhythm of love

Sand between my toes

Forever wonders flow

Memories of our holiday shows

Love for one another grows

Like a beautiful rose

Days weeks months with thorns

Feeling forlorn

But sun at the end of the winters grey

I am grateful every day

For our wonderful holiday

 

No comments: