translate

Wednesday 29 May 2013

SLEEPLESS BY THE BROOKE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 

Sleepless by the Brooke

By Fiona Cummings

Another night I just can’t sleep

The darkened hours they just creep

I hate listening to my heartbeat

The pain within I have to meet

Mr Night I must greet

I can’t relax

Feeling anxious deep within

My life falls down cracks

Head in a spin

For once I wish I could win

Have sweet dreams

And simply wrest

Sleeping on pillows of the best

Silk sheets cover me

Sounds of the sea

A gentle breeze

Walking through a babbling Brooke

Water to my knees

Wishing I could turn my daydreams into reality

Wanting to have the ability

To simply sleep

Is that too much to ask

I wish I could disguise life with a mask

The dark does last

I’m sleepy now

Relaxing my brow

Will I fall a sleep

If so how

No comments: