translate

Friday 31 May 2013

IF LEFT ALONE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


IF LEFT ALONE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On a hill top

Stands a flower pot

Full of colours

To give joy to others

Then a lilac tree

Planted by me

The blossomed we can see

Purple fragrance

Next to the rickety fence

Then a pasture of cows

Mosey on down

To where the stream flows

I’m not sure where it goes

For a seat, there’s a log cut  

Where there’s a wild rose

And the grass grows

It’s so quiet you can hear the sounds

Of your heart beet

Nothing noisy all around

Life is so complete

The clouds fly

I smile

They don’t fall down I wonder why

Sitting here I do learn

As the bird enjoys a worm

Having to be careful

As the bees may swarm

How precious is life

I wish I could stay here forever

Hills of purple heather

As long as it is glorious weather

 I don’t have a care in the world

Butterfly bridges

Buddleia breezes

Maize covered ridges

Summertime wishes

Nature’s kisses

Left over puddles

Orange suns cuddles

Who cares what’s in fashion

This is my passion

At one with the world we were given

If left alone it could be heaven

 

No comments: