translate

Thursday 30 May 2013

TEENS WORDS I'M SURE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Teen’s words I’m sure

By Fiona Cummings

She doesn’t understand me

Things were different when she was a teen

Pressures are much bigger now

I need to work but how

It was not the same for her

She didn’t need to earn

It was not necessary for her to learn

She got married when she was my age

Just need to know my life at this stage

My girl is moving fast

I need this relationship to last

But how can I make it work

I feel a failure, a jerk

I can’t get into college

If I don’t have the initials

A’s, B’s and C’s

The knowledge

Life is hard for teens

Sitting in my room

On my own

Just glued to the phone

Looking online

All of the time

Feeling like a zombie

What is happening to me

Where is my future

I have no interests

 No culture

All she can do is lecture

But she doesn’t understand

I’m too old for her to hold my hand

She is from another land

Another world

Things were not like this in her day

Oh I wish I could run away

From life so hard

Pick another card

 A new identity

Give it to me

Born to another

I really hate my Mother

We just can’t communicate

I can’t wait

Until I have my own place

 Look at my room

 It’s a disgrace

Full of the past

Nothing ever lasts

I have thrown away history

A life of misery

I need to leave

My past I grieve

Where did it all go wrong?

When will I know the answer

Do I have to wait much longer

If so, how long

They say August

Then it’s yes or bust

If I get the letters on paper

On that day in a letter

I have a chance

God I will dance

Skip whatever it takes

When will she let go

Allow me to make my mistakes

She is suffocating me

I’m in front of her

She cannot see

What she, is doing to me

Pushing me away

Every day

I’m so alone

In my own zone

No one to talk to

Who will know how I feel

I wish I was dreaming

But this life is real

I have searched for jobs

I am too young

At my age

I should be having fun

To many responsibilities

Trying to live between families

I need a Dad

But I know he is bad

A strong arm around me

To show me the way

Someone to look up to

Each and every day

My Mother was there

To share and care

When I was younger

But now words between us

Are like lightning and thunder

I say black

She says white

She thinks she knows what is right

But how can she for **** sake

Life for her was a slice of cake

She had it made

A perfect life

All she was

Was a housewife

Bills paid for her

A roof over her head

I know my days are limited

For even a bed

I get told eighteen

 Before I have to pay my way

But what if I can’t

Will I move out and stray

Where will I go?

Who shall I turn to?

A bench with a view

Winters in the rain

Oh God the pain

I say again

I feel such anger

I hate being a teenager

 

No comments: