translate

Tuesday 7 May 2013

CLASHING COLOURS


Clashing colours

 

A friend was telling me on Sunday, that she has bought some wool for knitting. Guess what colour? Pink and orange…. All in one ball. I remember when I was a little girl; someone knitted me a cardigan of every colour. I was shown the wool it was made from. I was fascinated as there were dots of all colours in it, but not blooming orange and pink? My friend reassured or tried to, that it looked really nice? Hmm.

Hub is on his way back from the capital. He had a very hard job to to day. That was to say a thank you and goodbye to two of his colleagues. Amazing wonderful people Richard has done so much for blind people, even ran miles in marathons to raise money and he is fully sighted. He still had a passion though in making a difference to us all. How does he get thanked? By ending his job. Thrown away like rubbish, well, what is someone else’s rubbish, is another person’s recycles. Where ever he goes he will be amazing I just am greedy as want him to continue working for all of us, not only he worked for us in the UK, but he worked hard introducing audio television to the USA.

It has really affected Hub seeing the fall of the people around him. People who have worked by his side for twenty years. Hub has always done his best for the company,  as have,,, the others who have been made redundant. Makes me think, really, how can someone continue to be passionate about their work when they get treat like that?

It’s like a wonderful exhibit, everyone looks and admires it, but it starts to break, crumble and no one looks after it. What was once a fantastic thing to look at now is rubble?

Will it be built back up? If so, who by?

The workers are gone. The hands on and the brains are away, leaving the eyes just to watch this sad human error.

Oh great news about my tickets to see Bruno Mars. My Doctor has written the letter to say I am blind and the kind person also is so appalled, she is not going to charge for the letter.

How kind is she?

She is a lovely Dr; I have seen her couple of times. She shows so much interest in blindness. Asks what would be seen as normal questions to some but to us and her, makes a huge difference. Whether it be things like

“What would be best for you, for me to come out to you in the waiting room and tell you it’s your turn, or for me to stand at my door and say your name?

Would you like me to guide you, or are you ok to follow?

If you want me to guide you, how is best to do it?

How does your dog help you?

Then loads more observations. I don’t mind at all answering, as if by doing so, I can help others, myself or her to understand the blind world, great.

Looking on Facebook today, a blind friend of mine was in a panic, because there was a buzzing thing in her living room. She did not know if it was a fly or a wasp and even if she knew, she would not know how to catch it?

But if she knew what it was, she would be able to relax, if it was not a wasp. Another blind friend answered by saying, the wasp normally sounds deeper. I never knew that? Interesting, is it true? I never know with her, if she is winding me up? Haha!.

So I will be watching out for all these Barry white sound a likes in wasp form from now on!

Oh must go now to cook tea. Teen doing music tonight. He said he would be three hours after school. He also asked for Pizza. Do I give in to him? I am truly sick of his diet; no way would he eat the casserole we made. He is turning into a junk food king and when he was a vegetarian; he had a fantastic diet and never got a cold.

With love. x

 

No comments: