translate

Friday 3 May 2013

LATEST WORRYING CRAZE


Well, I can tell you I have been on my treadmill every day for two weeks.

OK, just standing on it to open the window in our conservatory, but, still on it? 

It is not that I am short and cannot reach the windows; just the mill is in front of the window. Heeeeeheee.

My boy is off to Bunches Daddy’s tomorrow for a couple of days. I hope he has a lovely time? It’s nice that her Dad will entertain teen. Gives us a break I guess from the long walk of eggshells.

Though I will miss him dreadfully.

I have just received an email from his school, it is a general letter and this is what it says.

Dear Parent/carer

 

I am writing to let you know of a worrying 'craze' that has been going around school yesterday and today. Students are holding their breath and putting their thumbs in their mouths, and are then blowing on their thumbs as if blowing up a balloon. This causes them to collapse and in some cases students have actually fainted.

Please speak to your child about this at home. It is important that they are aware of the dangers of deliberately restricting the blood supply to the brain, which is what they are doing. Students across all age groups have been doing this today. Thankfully no-one has been seriously hurt but we would really appreciate your help in ensuring that it does not continue.

Thank you, as always, for your support,

What on earth would kids do that for? I can see that conversation with Teen?

“Do you know anyone who is doing that?”

“Oh Mum, you are always accusing me!”

“No, I’m not saying it is you, just trying to wonder why anyone would do this?”

“Oh Mum, why would I want to do that?”

“I’m not saying it is you, I am saying some kids are doing it, just an observation on the fact that some are doing this dangerous thing.”

“I just can’t believe you would say I would do such a thing!

Then he will storm off and shout as he is going up the stairs,

“I will go and talk to someone who does not accuse me, who understands me, who is more grown up. Who is perfect…. Oh no, sorry, he won’t say the last part, he will think it though? Ha.

Oh kids!

Are you doing anything this weekend? I would love to go to France, to a small village, where we have a pool in our back garden and grapes growing up the walls. A rustic kitchen and a wood burner in the living room. A walk to the centre of the village each morning, to buy freshly made bagels, Other breads. Cheeses and fresh herbs. Sitting in the fragrant garden in the evenings supping on fine wine and enjoying the escapism of life.

Oh but then I remember we would need to blooming see to do that…

Oh the birds are singing a stunning song. I need to get a bird table. I have a bird station, no, not where they catch a train, but a metal thing you attach nuts and so on to.

God the  traffic outside my back garden is dreadful. Where I used to live, it was so quiet. You could hear your heartbeat. But the people in our street were absolutely ignorant. At least here, everyone talks. Even the other day, I was coming back from the shop and a car pulled up just as I was entering the top of the street. A lady wownd her window down and said hello. Saying she had not had time to chat so far since we moved in, but wanted me to know her name…. God, I have forgotten it too? But very nice of her to even bother, don’t you think?

Laters Gators. x

No comments: