translate

Thursday 16 May 2013

THE WEATHER CONSPIRACY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE WEATHER CONSPIRACY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Gosh the rain is falling like I have never seen before

As though the plants in the garden are shouting more

I wonder what the birds think high in their trees

And the tiny little wellied boys in puddles to their knees

The water dances against my window

The sun battles with it I see a glow

But the rain is winning

Pools are spinning

Cars go by splashing

People run past dashing

Dogs stand crossed legged as they won’t go out

Is God having a party his teapot has a leaky spout

Cats hurry home or hide under a cover

No longer will they roam or mice they bother

The sky is grey as clouds hover

A fresh soil is a lovely aroma

I have never seen such droplets of rain

Surely there can’t be much left it should never come again

Oh well, the bracken shall become green

The fish shall have a full stream

Paths will be clean

And no drought will come

Gosh the pounding drops bang like a drum

For sure this is the worst

Pipes will burst

What will come first

Leaks or floods

Look at the  May blossom with its drooping buds

I can’t believe this

It is not going to stop

I need to go out to the grocery shop

Not walking in that I shall do without

I won’t die

What is worst this or a drought

Will it ever be dry

Something serious is happening to our weather

Why can’t we realise this all together

We seem to except

And this we shall regret

As this year has not been the norm

We have had a furious storm

Snow piled high

Bitter winds

Now it rains

We must ask ourselves why?

 

No comments: