translate

Friday 31 May 2013

A BLIND IMMAGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A BLIND IMMAGE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I can look in the mirror but there is nothing there

I’m told I have eyes of blue and blonde hair

Some say I look mid thirties

Others say early forties

I put on my make up

Trying to look like I’ve not just woke up

A peachy coloured blush

Coral lips

A powder brush

Sparkly hair clips

All dressed up ready to go

But what do I look like

I just don’t know

My eyes don’t see

Who stairs back at me

Who’s looking at who

Makes me wish it weren’t true

Every lady would like to know

What they look like wherever they go

How many times in one day

Does a woman look at their reflection

Hoping admirers look in their direction

I can’t do that

Makes me so flat

Perhaps on a fun side

It’s a good thing

That I can’t see

The older sister laughing back at me

Lines of pain

A map in time

So much lost

No gain

Out with girls

Who are mighty fine

Who am I

What is my identity

Just want to hide

Featureless

Pointless

Getting dressed to go out

Makes me want to shout

Wipe clean the mirror

Remove the fog

I feel so much pressure

A sightless blob

Reach out my fingertips

Touching the glass

Then to my lips

It’s all a farce

There’s nothing there

There never will be

What do I look like

I wish I could see

 

No comments: