translate

Tuesday 28 May 2013

A NEW STARTER URUGUAY


Uruguay, joined us  today Bloggets, I hope they come back again. I knew nothing about their country, reading up on it I like it. Sounds lovely from what I have heard. With the Andes mountains and lots of trees.  

La celeste is the nick name for Uruguay. It means sky blue.

Uruguay is a country in South America. It was established in 1825 after declaring independence from Brazil.

Santaclaws  is called Papa Noel and they have Christmas day the same as us in the UK. Their winter though, is in our summer and they never really get it too cold. Only every thirty  years or so, it snows, just a light dusting. They celebrate Mothers day the same as the  UK too.

Their flag, is sky blue and white with a yellow sun
So welcom and please come back. Also hello to all our countries who come each day or week. At the end of the week, I will let you know what countries have joined us, all the new starters and stats. xx

No comments: