translate

Sunday 19 May 2013

A FORTUNE TELLER FROM THE PAST


Not too much to report today a busy weekend of memories. Not all good. Lots of friends from my last boarding school have been in contact over the past 48 hours, a couple of them x boyfriends, so getting back in contact with them is a little on the weird side? But they have turned out to be really nice people, and of course, that is why I dated them all those years ago, because they were so nice.

Gosh to learn of their lives now, is really really strange. It is a bit like being a fortune teller, but you are looking backwards rather than forward? It’s as though I am that young school girl again, but I can see what has happened in my friends lives. So much has   gone on with them and me.

I mean that is how I met with my now Hub, through a school reunion, and thank God for that and the fab couple who arranged that special occasion, Jan and Dave, two other friends from school.

My first boarding school.

School is a place or two places, I would like to forget so when the get togethers happen, I feel a little sad, as still feel so flat and low as my time at those awful schools killed my heart, though as I always have said, the kids were great as were the teachers, it was the being away from home and some of the house staff that hurt.

Hub and I were sitting in the back garden today, enjoying the sun, almost eating it, as though hamsters, storing food for the hibernation for the winter. Well, we hungerly grabbed the sun, before it went away, as I am sure, tomorrow, we will be in winter jumpers again?

Oh the smells were beautiful in the air. Freshly cut grass, BBQ’s and Sunday roasts. What with our homemade bread turning golden in the oven, the aroma as we chatted was just right, for a summer’s afternoon.

Hub and I were in deep conversation about the future. Gosh a real stressful time is occurring with Fi Blogget and family right now.

Oh just as we have got over the valentines meal with teen and Bunches, we now have the Anniversary.

Now then regular Bloggets, Don’t worry, it has not, I stress not, been a year, since Teen and Bunches got together, though it seems like two years to us, it is a humongous, six months. Oh yes, we have to have anniversaries every month, I have told teen Anniversary, means annual, but he says,

“Oh mum, you are so old!

So now we have what to buy Bunches for the upcoming occasion.

Leave me out of it please?

He told me tonight, he is not going into school tomorrow morning, as he will be in a class on his own, don’t ask? Long story?

So he is just going to stay in bed and go in for his exam.

I’m really past caring.

I’ve had enough.

Funny thing, I until a couple of months ago, ironed his clothes. He would bring me his school shirts, and make sure I kept them separate from hubs, though there is a slight difference? As Hub is a little more on the hunkability side of teen.

I would have to iron them. Now he does his, ironing? Guess what?

“Oh I don’t need to iron my shirts Mum; they go under my jacket…..

“Scruff?

Having said that, he went out to the shop today looking like a super model.

OMG, how long is it going to take him to get ready for his prom? He will have to be off school the day before, to get himself ready? Ha.

Right going to bed now, though not tired, so will probably be down in a while crocodile, but need to spend as much time with Hub as possible, as only have about thirty hours with him, until he goes away again. Oh hate it hate it hate it.

Just remember your past is your present and your future. xx

No comments: