translate

Tuesday 1 October 2013

THE CANDLE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE CANDLE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I light a candle and watch the glow

As it flickers through my window

Casting shadows of my past

Making dreams which I pray will last

That amber flickers swirls and bows

Will this work

No one knows

I, was told to make a wish

Will I, ever get that loving kiss

Words were told to me from a far

See in the flame, which I miss

Calmly I say some words

Then imagine those flying birds

So free

How I want to be

Nice things don’t happen to me

But this candle has all I need

To wash away the pain

And all which bleeds

The rose scent

A fresh petal

Then the hurt went

Gone has the thorn

Crumbled is the nettle

All around me is silk

And to drink heavenly milk

I don’t want the candle to die

I want to be that bird that will fly

Be like all the rest

And feels safe in her nest

This candle really is magical

What has happened is a miracle

I know you may think this is satirical

But I tell you this is true

The amber flame turned to blue

And I saw an incredible view

The night sky

Silver stars and a moon of gold

I could fly

And live on for this story to be told

Who gave me that candle?

I can’t really say

Though their words still live on

But they have gone away

The wick has melted now

But I feel so free

Don’t ask me why or how

A new life belongs to me

 

No comments: