translate

Saturday 12 October 2013

IF ONLY I COULD DRIVE


The alarm went; it was the start of the day when my Hub and I were to go to our hometown, for a reunion. I bought some new clothes for the occasion. Nothing posh, just black jeggings, a white T shirt and a red cardigan, with red hearts on.  It is a three quarter sleeved cardigan, and made from lace, and it’s edge to edge, so not like a Nana one. Haha. I put everything in my bag, Hub got ready and I quickly went over my hair with the straighteners. It was great, took seconds still streight from the hairdressers last night. Make up on an day perfume, Opium.

Teen whilst we ate breakfast was anxious, waiting for the post to deliver his designer card he made on line. The  card sounds great, won’t spoil it for the gf, as I know she reads these blogs, so won’t say what he did, but, it cost a fortune, not so much for the card, but  for the postage.

We were to leave Waggatail and take LC. Black Beauty still comes to me to say she will come as well, bless her.

Well I was to see my three lovely friends, Jan, Dave and Andrew. Mine and Hubs friends from our first school. As you know, Hub and I went to separate secondary schools, so this reunion, was for the get together for my, secondary school. Just so happens that a few of the people from our first also went to my second.

Confused?

Sorry!

Well, Hub and I waited in the hall, as it was raining. Hub told me to wear a coat, but I really don’t like them, as specially when wearing nice clothes. It’s OK for Hub; he looks good in a refuge sack. Also he wears designer jackets, so he looked better with his coat than not.

At last, the taxi, it was only just over five minutes early and as we always book well in time; we still, would be OK

But, it wasn’t our taxi.

It was Teens card, which had to be signed for.

Oh God. My heart was starting to pound by now. We knew the town would be really busy as the last day for the races this year is on. So would we even make the train now?

Hub said yes, so I called the company, to ask where they were. The phone rang and rang.

Nothing. No one answered. Now it was ten minutes late. Teen decided to call from his phone for us. After it rang for a few moments, he handed me the phone and I asked where they were?

She said Water lane, or road. I told hub, he said that was five minutes’ drive and that would make the taxi get to us at 12 34, and our train was at 12.47.

It’s a twenty minute drive on a busy day to town then, we would have to get assistance and find our train. Impossible. I told the woman, she was about to say goodbye, I said hang on, about our tickets for the train? She said because we did not give a time for the train when we booked it, we were not entitled to our train fair back.

I asked her, what time was on her list to pick us up? She said ten past twelve. I said what time is it now? She said approaching half past. I asked her, so, where on your form does it say we are going? She answered in a grumpy voice

“Train station, but you didn’t say what time you wanted the train for. So you won’t get any money back!

Well, for her information, we have an account with that company, so we will just deduct the fee of our tickets from there, but the fact is now, I’m riddled with guilt, as my poor friend Dave, arranged this outing and get together and they are really lovely good friends of ours and I feel so dreadfully ashamed, as a few people have already pulled out and we made it two more.

I can only hope and pray that their day went well and still is going well. Such a shame and I am the kind of person where things like that really affect me. I feel so very embarrassed of us not getting there.

My poor boy felt for us, I could tell. He always gets his guitar and plays for me when things like this happen. Bless.

So we went through the phases of the Shadows and Bruno Mars, then Eric Clapton’s wonderful tonight. All the songs I love to cheer me up. Then Hub went to write a letter to the company and said we should go for our lunch to Louis’s.

So thinking, I need to get out somewhere, I’m all dressed up and nowhere to go, why not.

It rained on us all the way and we as ever were welcomed by lovely Louis.

He told us that his wife was pregnant for their second child.

Oh you know, he is the sweetest person. He works at that place from eleven till eleven with a two hour break, six days a week. If he was not there, I really don’t know how that place would work?

And for a month, he will visit his Mother, so will be missing sadly. I really will miss him, as he is the soul of that place. The others there are like Robots. There is a nice lady there, but she is hardly there.

My friend from Russia is coming at the end of November, and we will take her there, but, without Louis, it will be sad.

I don’t think I have ever met such a sweet and innocent man. He treats his wife like Teen treats his girl.

It’s rare and I always feel so sorry for people like that. It would be nice, in fact perfect, if, it was reciprocated.

So now, sitting here with my Bloggets. Hub is working. A normal day!

No comments: