translate

Monday 28 October 2013

FURIOUS FI


What a dreadful day. Firstly at eight this morning, my Teen came into the bedroom in a grumpy panic. His gf had told him he had to get up get ready and her Father would pick him up but he had to be ready.  So the day of study and homework for college again not done. The job he was going to do for me sweeping out the garage, also not done but the bit which infuriates me, is that he never knows what he is doing with her from day to day. Yesterday, last night when he went to bed, just before midnight, he said he was spending the day at home.

Next thing I know is, my Husband landed safe thank God, after the aeroplane trying and failing to land in London.

He landed in Manchester, about one hour from here.

But they wouldn’t let them off the plane.

He sat for three hours just waiting, God if they had let him off he could have been at home for almost two of those hours. At this time, his phone was off so after him telling me when they were trying to land in London,  was rather scary, I was presuming that he was in the air somewhere, as he said at eight, that they were going to wait for an hour only before trying to take off again. Well it’s about forty minutes from Manchester to London, so do the maths?

By half ten still turned off phone. By eleven same, Half eleven again, no call or text and phone still off.

Where in God’s name was he? More importantly, was he OK?

Then mid day, he told me he was waiting for his case. He would let me know when he got off the tube about his train.

In the meanwhile, on the news, the radio told me there were 40,000 properties without power in the south.

Trees up to 60ft had fallen and the few trains that there were, were going only 50mph.

Next thing I heard from him was at 2 this afternoon.

He had a two hour wait in the capital. He ordered a taxi to drop one of his colleagues off in Peterborough, so at least she would get home and he was going to try to get a train from that station. He said if he couldn’t, he would stay overnight in a hotel in pb. Well, I kind of put my foot down for the first time and said, he gets home by train, or taxi. He said it would cost too much for the company if he were to get a taxi. I said, but he makes sure 

His colleague gets home? I told him, to put me first for once.

I will be in trouble for this, but you know what? I really don’t care. He bends over backwards for his work and I’m simply sick of it. If he got respect I wouldn’t mind.

He is always concerned about where he eats when away, not to go over the budget, this is commendable, but sometimes, he is too generous.

So we shall see if he comes home tonight. So Brussels is cancelled. For now. I bet he has to go there later this week; I wouldn’t be surprised if it were tomorrow.

I really want to swear I hate his job so much.

 I spoke to my friend who lives in London. 99mph winds were there as well as rain and she has a tile which has come off her roof and her fence panels are down.

She said she was one of the lucky ones, as two children have been killed. Tragic. My heart goes out to the families and friends.

Now I have just had a text from my teen. He is with his girlfriend, miles away. As when the media are giving out weather alerts, telling people to stay in their homes, where does he go with the gf? The bloody beach.

Oh I’m absolutely speechless.

I have no time for stupid people who live throw away lives.

I mean, to take two kids to the sea side today? Grrrrrrr

OK, finished my moaning. Sorry for giving you all ear ache. Hugs and stay safe.

 

No comments: