translate

Friday 11 October 2013

NEW LAND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


NEW LAND

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’m not sure how I shall find you

This path is not easy

Since last I past those roses

 Replaced with seeds which grew

This map is driving me crazy

Turning my fingers blue

The black ice I can’t see

Fallen trunks are before me

New thistles grab at my skin

Puncturing within

Piercing at my heart and soul

For warmth there is burning coal

Cinders I must walk across

Seeing faces of whom I have lost

Ghosts push me away

But I know I can’t stay

As I’m being chased by the devil

Who wakes me up each day

It’s so important I find you

But please meet with me half way

Why make this route so challenging

I seem to be crawling

When I need to be galloping

I take two steps forward

I feel I am managing

Then kicked to the ground

But there is no one around

Just that feeling

Though not even a sound

I would love to know with whom I’m dealing

But they are too cowardly to shake my hand

I need to find my new land

 

No comments: