translate

Wednesday 9 October 2013

KILLING THE PAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Killing the pain

By Fiona Cummings

Peeling off my mask

Scraping through my skin

 Until I bleed

How long will the pain last

Questioning my creed

Why do my tears flow so fast

How do I stop hating myself

To me happiness is wealth

And my life is poverty

An yet reality

As the days turn to nights

 And the cobalt covering blocks out the lights

It’s hard to see the sun

To numb the loss for fun

Looking down the barrel of a gun

Knowing I should run

But having no energy

Waiting for a catastrophe

Existing is a misery

A future full of history

Drowning in tears I have cried

My cells have been anesthetised

 And my soul has been hypnotised

Allow me please to take the pill

For a revolutionary cure

For my pain to be killed

 

No comments: