translate

Tuesday 15 October 2013

MY LIFELINE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY LIFE LINE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

You were a thought, a gift

You shone from the sun and cleared the mist

You were a seed

 I nourished

 I dressed your wounds when you did bleed

I wanted you to flourish

I was there when you shared your first smile

When you took your step for a future mile

When you had nightmares

I sat with you for a while

Not only did I care

But I worshiped you

Stupid now I think back

 I never want you to know thoughts of black

Now poison flows

Red sea flows

What ever I say means nothing

My words are a joke

I used to mean something

My views mattered

You left me shattered

And act like a stranger

A lost sheep without a manger

In the cold

And in bold

Writing of distruction

No affection

No words of kindness

Just frustrated madness

There is no return now

Lines to tell are on my brow

A pain in my heart

I must live knowing we are forever apart

You were the reason I lived for years

Now the cause of my tears

Who will break down the wall which keeps you from me

This I can’t do, as there is no spare energy

No comments: