translate

Wednesday 30 October 2013

AN INTERESTING CHAT...


Gosh, almost tea time and I haven’t even started cooking as yet. I have had a busy day indeed.

Firstly my Son went  to see his father, though I am rather glad that he, my Son had the sense to phone his Father last night to confirm (for the second time) his arrival times for today. Teen said, his Dad, had forgot all about him coming though.

Awful. You would think he would be so much looking forward to his visit, he would know and be excited about seeing him?

Teen was rather hurt and my heart went out to him.

Of course he was at the gf’s the Mothers this time. So one night at the dad’s then one at the mothers.

Tonight? Not sure where he will be, he is not sure either.

I know he is coming home tomorrow though and this is good as I have a Halloween supper to do to keep the tradition. We are not Pagans, or devil worshipers. I do it for tradition; I guess it is my way to welcome in the cold frosty nights. Nice hot home made pumpkin soup, baked potatoes and for the meat eaters, hot dogs in buns.

I have bought some treats for children if they come this year. If not, I’m sure teen and I will enjoy eating them.

When teen was young, we did have fun. I used to dress up as he also had an outfit every year. I did the house with skeletons and various other things, mainly ghostly things. It was spook night, not a religious ceremony and the kids loved it in their little outfits. At school, it was the best party. We used to play all the traditional games.

Like, “Ducky apple” Thinking back to that game, it was a little on the unhygienic side.

So my Husband is away for a week, and I have seen no one the time he has been away, Beany last Wednesday. Since then no one. Hub comes home, and last night, two of our friends/neighbours came round for the night, and we had a great night. A lovely couple. This morning I received a text asking if I would like to do coffee with another neighbour. I went to her house and we had a really lovely and very “interesting conversation……” Then Beany came this afternoon. I went to buy some food for tomorrow night. Her and I had a good old chat and now I sit waiting to hear if my Son is OK, after seeing the Father.

Hub off to Birmingham tomorrow. So I will have lots of time to tell you all what’s been going on here. There is lots to catch up with so until tomorrow, stay safe. Xxxxxxx

No comments: