translate

Tuesday 22 October 2013

DEAR LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Dear Love

By Fiona Cummings

I try to avoid our kitchen

As missing you brings tears to me

Just filling up the kettle

To make a cup of tea

And taking out one mug

Stings like a nettle

The hot drink has no taste

Tip it down the sink

What a waste

I just want a hug

But you are no longer here

I wish you could wipe away

My very last tear

The guilt I feel

When I look in the food cupboard

Could this be real?

My heart is punctured

As I bought your favourite food

I don’t want to eat anything

Just want to explode

Need you next to me

Telling me you love me

Opening my eyes

So I can see

What is in front of me?

Making me listen to who is behind me

Giving me the gift of safety

Dear love

Come back to me

No comments: