translate

Wednesday 16 October 2013

MULTI TASKING


Hi Bloggets, I’m writing this as I am on hold waiting to give our stupid gas and electric company our readings for our metre.

Also I’m sending texts to my friend who has her daughter in hospital. Bless my friend; she will not be in a good place right now. I really feel for her and again, wish there were more I could do. It’s a bummer not being able to see; as if I could I could just get in the car and drive to friends, even if it is just a comfort blanket or a tea maker.

Well, since I started to write this, I have been through a thorough medical.

Oh, no, sorry, I meant to say, I got through to our energy supply company. It’s all automated now, but if you don’t press any buttons, you get to talk with a human and I must say, she was very helpful, but, I had to answer so many questions about my sight, or lack of it and my Husbands details too.

You want correspondence to come in Braille? “Yes please”

 Are you both blind? “Yes!”

 Can any of you (see) large print?

“No, we are blind.

Are you registered blind? “Yes”

How do you see emails? “Software makes our computers talk!”

How do you type back, do you speak into the computer? “No, we touch type”

I asked if we could have someone out to read the meters? Now Bloggets, wait for this one.

Can neither of you read them?

“As I said, we are both blind.

Oh my God. Few. Well having said all that, she was a really nice lady, I just pray to God now, that all what I said to her, has gone down on her computer and she has saved it, as before we have gone through this with other companies, and three months down the line, we have had to go through it all over again, and again three months later, as whatever has gone on at their end, nothing we told them was kept. It’s exhausting.

It’s a cold day so cold; my bones are covered in a blanket of ice… Well, OK, slight exaduration, but I’m rather chilly.

Teen is on half day from college but doubt he will be home until later. He is seeing his machine tonight.

I shall come back later as I want to talk about travelling on the bus and how I’m still learning about the blind world. X

No comments: