translate

Wednesday 2 October 2013

BLIND WAY TO THE SHOP


Well Bloggets. This is how I left you last. Pondering on whether or not to go to the shop myself, or send teen when he got in?

I didn’t really want to go out. I knew I would A, get so wet with the rain, or B, scratch my face on the horrid hanging trees and thorny shrubs which around here, think they own the paths.

Also it was coming up to end of school and the kids are so noisy and I can’t hear a thing, so get really disorientated. Also Wagg does not work well around children, as she is stuck in-between thinking she is A, a cat and  B, a child.

But, Hey Ho! I let the beasts out in their garden so Wagga would not embarrass me on our journey. I brushed my hair, surfing over the waves and put on some make up. Haha. Doing that without sight is something I have got used to.

I put on a pair of jeans, always good for carrying cards and my lifeline of a mobile.

My heart was dancing. Or was that shaking?

All three dogs were crying and running making that annoying tapping sound on the wooden floors.

All three, anticipating on their outing.  There was bouncy Wagga my new guide dog, and Hyper LC, Hubs dog, then poor little Black Beauty, oh bless her, she still thinks she is in the running for the guide dog of the year competition.

Well, it was like Miss world, but rather than Korea winning this year, Wagga won!

Though I did want to take LC, but would get into trouble. LC, is a perfect guide dog and I knew I would be safe with her, but not allowed to use Hubs dog.

I had to feel the collar to see if I had the right dog…

“Well, their all black!”

Haha. That is what someone asked at our local shop.

“Fiona, it must be hard to know what dog is what, I mean, with them all being black?”

Em

Duh?

OK, doggy doodle bags, checked, a treat, check. Not for me, in case I get hungry on the way, but for Wagg when she gets me there, well, that is the theory.

Cash card, check.

Keys to get out and back in…Check

Oh, and of course, guide dog. Check.

Deep breath and off we went. Not only did I go the way I normally go, but decided to be brave and go the new way. I have done this once with Hub.

It is the way which scares me as the traffic is soooooooo loud.

One wrong move and we are on the duel carriageway, with its nightmarish traffic.

I know Wagg likes to live in the fast track, but her Mummy is happy with being alive?

Oh apart from the cuts I suffered with the trees, she did her Mummy proud. She was a star.

I felt so anxious but, we did it. And I don’t know how. I can’t tell you how. I for sure was not chilled as we walked along. I zone out of life as it is easier than facing reality. Like burying my head in the sand.

Out of sight out of mind. That is why I can’t blooming do anything I think. But, I got the milk and other bits and bobs and more so, I met with one of Teens bosses.

Oh he was nice, but the atmosphere in the shop, was rather odd. They all back stab so much its awful.

But to me they were polite.

Now, then what they say behind my back? Who knows, and who cares.

Oh, thank you all for being here. I did it for all of us who are afraid to step out, and I know my friend Jo is my hero as she is so brilliant, but, I’m not! though today I achieved something. I just still so wish for a cure to see. There must be a more simple way to go to buy milk?

Later gators and again, thank you for giving me strength and I hope I can get one person to also do something they would not normally do. But something that will make them feels some sort of achievement.

It was really hard, but I passed today. Now tomorrow may be a different story. X

 

 

No comments: