translate

Thursday 31 October 2013

GOODNIGHT TO YOU ALL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


GOODNIGHT TO YOU ALL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I want to lay down on a pillow of angels feathers

Cover myself up in sheets of silk

Protect myself from all kinds of weathers

Drink the final glass of milk

Smell the spray of lavender

Easing me into a golden sleep

Not hearing anything around me

Not even if someone will creep

Drifting now

A hand to my brow

Then taking my arm

To their perfect place

Where there is no harm

Through snow-white clouds

And yellow sun

When I dream of what my life will become

My shell has been left on the bed

For someone to say

Well she is dead

Then all kind words may be said

Of how I was way back when

What I meant to them

Well words may choke

As it is a joke

See how long it takes them to find me

For I have set myself free

No more pain

Not a sign of madness  

Good ridding’s to sadness

I will travel up a silver stream

Where I will catch a sunbeam

Blow a brightly coloured star

Ride a carriage for a car

Smell forever spring daffodils

Admire the heather on the hills

Ski through mountains

Drink from fountains

A new place I call my home

Where I always will roam

But never get lost

See seasons of winters

But never feel frost

In summer I will learn

Though won’t burn

In autumn I won’t fall

And springtime will call

So, goodnight to you all

 

No comments: