translate

Saturday 19 October 2013

DID HE OR DIDN'T HE


Well, today, my Son came home after one lesson at college, and a trip to get Hubs watch fixed. He spent forever smarting himself for his job interview. He smelt lovely, as did the house. It was like the perfumed section in Boots the Chemist. Made a change from our stinking dogs. He wanted to leave early, so made sure he would arrive fifteen minutes before his time.

After he left the door, He kissed me and I wished him luck.

I did feel for him, as no way he would get the job, as he is far too young and has no experience. But his words of telling me he had just bought a thin coat  online, left the house as I wondered why on  earth, he could/would not buy a winter coat?

He told me his coat may come and asked if I would stay in to receive it.

I said

“No, I thought I would go horse riding, then off to the spa to have a body massage then a manicure and pedicure before going clothes shopping. I mean, where did he think I would go?

Ten minutes later, I received a phone call from him. Slightly panicking.

He forgot all his paperwork.

Heeha. Too busy seeing how he looked.

He came back home, and then headed off again.

The interview did last the hour and a half.

He also had to go into the shop and try to sell something to a customer.

He had five minutes to sell himself and over an hour to answer questions. Also he filled in an online questionnaire

Well, I heard his footsteps coming down the drive.

“Oh, God, how will I deal with this? I knew he would not know immediately if he had the job, but I knew he would have a feel for it.

I opened the door. He handed me the parcel obviously left on the doorstep.

I said,

“You’re joking, I have not been out, and again the post person has not bothered to knock?

He said in a sheepish voice

“Mum, can you hang it up for me please?

Oh, I did feel for him, as normally he would try it on. I removed it from the package and asked what the envelope was?

He answered

“For my uniform!”

“No!”

“Yes, I have the job… The lady said she never has seen such a great interview and she never decides streight away, but I impressed her so much, and the other staff on the floor watched him deal with the customer in a charismatic manner and commented, so she offered him the job there and then.

I simply can’t believe it?

Can you?

I am delighted, but it just seems too good to be true. I always said if he can get to the interview, he would get the job, but really thought this kind of job, was for an older person and he would at least have to wait for an answer.

So Tuesday he gets picked up to do an eight hour training session over an hour’s drive from here and they are paying for his time.

Oh my word. He for sure has the gift of the gab and no way acts like a 16 year old. His grasp of English language is phononamal.

Well, see how long it lasts, but it’s all experience for his future. So he will be selling Televisions, all audio equipment and computers.

A proud Mum x

No comments: