translate

Monday 7 October 2013

DRIP


OK, it’s Sunday morning. I slept so well. Hub and I had about nine hours sleep. This for me is unheard of. I was so tired though as it’s been between three and five in the morning every day since Hub has been in SA.

Teen at the gf’s and we had the house to ourselves. To chill. Well, not how we planned shall we say?

We put the dogs in the conservatory after breakfast. I made Hub some bacon sandwiches. As Hub went to unpack his case, I vacuumed the floors down stairs.

 I heard as I put away the Hoover, a rustling sound from the conservatory. Oh God. Hubs gifts and Waggatail?

No? Please?

I shouted her name saying no as I approached her.

She ate more. I knew she was trying to get into Hubs chocolate covered coffee beans.

 I grabbed her and tried to rescue the beans. No luck. She opened the box, the cup too with its sealed lid and even opened the bag inside the cup.

Oh I could have cried. I screamed at her, the other two poor dogs having a fit. Wagga couldn’t care less.

I told Hub he was not impressed and told me she had to go.

He was not having a dog who stole. He rightly said, can you imagine Christmas? I mean, we have dishes of nuts with their shells and dishes of sweets on display over that season.

Well, I thought he retrieved his other gifts but as he had no other sweets, it would be OK anyway? I thought. Five minutes after she got a real telling off from me, I again, heard that sinking sound.

This time, she opened the very deer coffee beans our friend bought Hub. I’m talking £15, for a small packet.

They were all over the floor. Not kidding. Oh God, I just had to Hoover them up and forget he ever got them. By this point, I was really contemplating getting her sent back to Guide dogs.

She just is so very naughty. She never does what we tell her to do.

But I care for her, though she is really badly behaved. I mean, she never comes in when I ask her to and she won’t lay down sit or do any normal commands. But she did get me to the shop the other day. So the having to put a block at the bottom of the stairs not to allow her to go up the stairs and the fact that we have to try to block the couches in the living room and conservatory as she gets on those too. She is really bad. The other two are so good and when we tell them no, they listen.

Then Hub was giving our neighbour some revolting meat gift from SA, he bought at the airport, I heard that sound

You don’t want to hear.

“Drip, drip drip, coming from the ceiling, above the fridge.

Yep, we had a leak. From Teens sink in his bathroom.

Oh God. We just got that ceiling painted some months ago. No more out goings, please?

We just seemed to get something done and then there is something else. So a plumber had to be called. Hub and I stopped the water from coming through and I put a dish on top of the fridge, until the plumber can come.

Then, I went into the guest room where our Ironing board is, to iron Hub a couple of shirts for  going away again and put my hand out to only burn myself as teen, had left the iron on.

For 18 hours.

House fire?

In the evening as we at last settled down realisation kicked in. Hub was to leave again in the morning. I tried to keep in my feelings, but Hub always knows when something is wrong though nothing needs to be said. I just burst out crying. I hate this life we have. Always saying goodbye. I’m so sick of it.

What a day.

No comments: