translate

Thursday 17 October 2013

ECHOES OF MY DAD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Echoes of my Dad

By Fiona Cummings

They think I’m insane

Because I say he’s back again

You see I feel him in the breaze

He stands under the trees

He was there last night when I cried

When I’m out

He walks by my side

When I shout

He hushes me

When my views are alone

He agrees with me

When I walk through the door

I hear his footsteps on the floor

I put my hand out and touch his soft jumper

The one I bought him

Just before they called his number

I hear his laughter

They say I need a bafta

But I’m not an actor

What I feel see and hear is the truth

You see he was my world in my youth

There for me when I became married

My problems he carried

He was just comfortable

He had his place at the family table

No one will ever fill that chair

Nobody is capable to show so much care

I catch a glimpse of his silver hair

Still laugh at words we did share

I really can hear his voice

Though echoes chase it now

I want to bring back his voice so loud

I need to see his face clear in the crowd

He is my Dad who made me proud

No comments: