translate

Monday 7 October 2013

JUST YOU AND ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Just you and me

By Fiona Cummings

I ran to you but you weren’t there

I cried for you though you didn’t care

I halved my life for you to share

I give myself only to you

This I swear

Because I am true

I look for you and your not there

I hold the phone

 To my ear

Wanting it to ring

 Full of fears

I can’t do this alone

Fed up of tears

I go to the door but you are not greeting me

I open my eyes for you

Though they don’t see

If only you knew

 What you mean to me

I hold out my hand to touch your face

Realising I’m alone in this cold place

Where is my love that I admire?

I need your soul to desire

I put pen to paper

And these words I write

There is no one greater

Then my love so right

I wish to hold you ever so tight

To feel your lips

Next to mine

Just to be filled with the knowledge

That I have your love so kind

For you to acknowledge

You are mighty fine

And we belong together

Your heart beating in time

As one we should be

Just you and me

No comments: