translate

Saturday 8 June 2013

WITHOUT YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Without you

By Fiona Cummings

It’s so very sad without you

Reminds me of what I had

These words so true

I’m left feeling in pain

Just want you back again

I turn over in our bed

Thinking of what you said

“Goodbye Darling

See you in the morning

As I awoke

 These words I spoke

“Where are you

You should be back

I looked out of the window

No longer was it black

The sun was bright

The day had left night

My world did bite

With anger I had to fight

The devil had come to me

Covered me in misery

Took you away from me

I picked up my watch

Looked at the time

Saw your slippers still on the floor

Not a good sign

Picked up the phone

Shaking with fear

The words I heard

I did not want to hear

“Someone is on their way to you

With tragic news

He was on his last job

When the flames became too much

We are all grieving

As our hearts he always touched

Oh my God

My heart is still bleeding

I can’t live this way much more

His slippers still by his bedside

Waiting for him to come through the door

His life was spent saving others

Putting himself last every time

But we had each other

I was his, he mine

Now I’m left with a gold band

And an empty hand

No one to hold it tight

He will never again kiss me goodnight

His clothes still hang in the robe

In the bathroom is his toothbrush and soap

Comb on the dressing table

All his gadgets and cable

His tea cup still on the drainer

Supper dish in the sink

I can’t sleep, eat or think

I don’t want to blink

In case I miss him coming home

I can’t go out he may phone

You see, it’s all a bad dream

Because he wouldn’t be so cruel

We are forever

That was the rule

Oh Darling I’m so blue

I can’t do this without you

 

No comments: