translate

Wednesday 5 June 2013

FACTORY ON MELTDOWN BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 Factory on meltdown
By Fiona Cummings

I received a call

From a voice so small

Sounding in a panic

Come quick?

He said

It’s the sun

You must run

I will meet you at the gate

Please don’t make me wait

So I put on my shoes

Picked up my bag

Forgetting my snooze

Gosh that elf can nag

I wondered what was wrong

As I moseyed along

To the chocolate factory

He was waiting for me

It was Noddy

Ringing his bell

Wanting to tell

Of the trouble with the elves

You see it’s like this

The ice cream conditioning was broken

I thought Jim was joking

Then I saw the chimney smoking

And the sun melted all our work

Candy floss

And jelly beans

Chocolate troughs

Coated dreams

 Berty bunnies

And all the white mice

Everything for the children

That tastes nice

What can we do

As I looked across the grass

A delicious sight

A chocolate path

I wanted to laugh

But saw the sad face

Of all the poor elves

Who had worked so hard

I was in a haze

Didn’t know what to do

Oh the golden bears

From me to you

All in a boat

Helpless they float

In sun dressed boxes

 Ribboned bags too

There was poor Jim

Floating in a chocolate shoe

Using Popsicle sticks as awes

Pixies, elves and even some fairies

Running out of the doors

Factory cat licking his paws

Feeding his face so fat

Voices could be heard

Shouting oh this is absurd

What will we do with the wasted chocolate

Don’t worry about that now

When what or how

Just do as I ask

It will be a hard task

But we will get there

As for the chocolate

 That will be to share

I will tell you in a mo Jo

Now come on let’s go

To work we all went

There was a tap with trickling cocoa

Everyone was going loco

I said first things first

Save as much as you can

Then fix the fan

A man came and fixed the air vent

The ice cream conditioning was so called spent

We all wrested in a make shift tent

Again I witnessed some magic

As I shrunk down to the toadstools

Having to remember the rules

Don’t mention this to the outside world

Then they were all told

What I wanted them to do

Make a huge sculpture

A perfect feature

Made from the recovered goodies

Of melting rivers and shapeless toffies

It would be kept in a cool dome

Would be talked about in every home

How children would look in wonder

Visits from every school

How adults would drool

And want to buy

What the elves were offering

So a happy ending to all the suffering

  Of course the outside world

Could not come inside the factory

They would be told

I will help with pleasure

At my own leisure

As you are all so dear to me

My chocolate family

 A shop would be made at the entrance

And the factory would hide

Behind the tall fence

I would work in the room of delight

Where dreams are made of chocolate dark and white

No comments: