translate

Tuesday 11 June 2013

WHERE IS MY GOLDFISH?


Oh Gosh, what a day so far? My Husband is off to the capital, to parliament today. Then he has to catch a train to Birmingham. Staying overnight and an all day meeting tomorrow. Back late tomorrow night. We are on holiday on Thursday, then off to Oslo. Hub home from there one day, then off to America for a week. Home two days then off again. What a blooming life? People think how glamorous, Well, he sees the airports, train stations, inside taxi’s hotels and conference rooms, sometimes he gets  a few hours to look around if he takes an assistant, but nine times out of ten, not.

For me? Well, my friends love their freedom from their Husbands, but, if it was as often as what we are apart, not too sure they would still feel that way?

And it’s lonely for me too. I can see people, or not, some days I can spend a week, when I see my Son for a couple of hours perhaps a day and that is that, sometimes I like the peace. My own company. No one to argue with, no one to worry about causing bad atmospheres in the house, but, then the silence is awful. I want to talk; there is no one to chat with. Hub and I talked all weekend and never about the same thing. Just to hear some intelligent conversation is really good. I talk to friends on the phone, from where I used to live, and from abroad and that is lovely, I am luckier than a lot of people, I can’t imagine those days I suffered very many years ago now, where my x husband, would go out at half six in the morning and come in for tea at six, then out again till after midnight!

So many hours on my own. Never leaving the front door. After a while, you get used to being in the house and that is not good.

It is still nice weather here in the north of the UK, but cooler. I was told it is raining in Oslo? Can my Norwegian Bloggets tell me? The lady we are taking as a volunteer, at the moment, bless her, I think we will be looking after her? As she seems to be rather anxious and asking so many questions. Flapping her wings a bit. Poor thing, I am sure after a couple of hours with us, she will be fine?

Hehehehhahahaha.

OK, we may end up in New Zeeland, rather than Oslo, but hay, at least Hub will be off work then?

 Not sure if I will be able to publish blogs at the weekend, don’t know, if I  be taking my lap top, but for sure will have lots to talk about when I return?

Well my artist friends Uncle still in hospital. She told me on the phone that he has a gallbladder which is preventing him from breathing. Now because he is not Prince Philip, they don’t want to operate on him, because he is ninety. Now the poor thing is in agony, being fitted with pain patches. I have never heard of those? Better than needles and tablets?

But they can’t think about an operation so what they intend doing, I’m not really sure. He can’t even sit up; he is in so much pain.

Oh really, it’s awful for him?

As I said, if you are Royalty, what is the word age?

I read something this morning saying that it doesn’t matter what you eat; it’s all about the genes you carry. If you have bad genes, you could die early, or good you live longer? That person went on to write,  he knows he has good genes, so eats junk food.

How do I feel about that? Hmm. Well I agree, but if you have good genes, why eat and drink rubbish? You still must be lowering your lifespan? If you have bad genes, still eat and drink rubbish, as you are going to die anyway?

No, surely, if you have for example diabetes or heart problems in your family and you exercise and take care in what you eat, you must help yourself?

I just think people generalise things and are irresponsible writing such rubbish.

Having said that, who with any brain will believe everything they read?

I don’t know what has got into my canary, Irish of course, but putting the clock next to him, has not made him scared, not that I wanted to, or quiet, that would be nice? Oh every time the blooming bongs go, he sings with it and in between them? He sings so loudly. He is getting higher and higher as I type.

Looking at the headlines today online, I am sure that the world are, mad. Rather than going, mad. All the killing? What is the matter with people? Sometimes I wonder if I am alone on this, but why can’t we love our world and care for ourselves. Not blow ourselves up and stab others? Why are people wanting to cause maximum pain? What do those people gain by doing that? So some other headlines from the UK are below, enjoy?

 

Scientists have unveiled the latest step towards creating an invisibility cloak. In the quest to be able to make people and objects completely unseen, a new device has been demonstrated that concealed a goldfish and a cat. While the subject can currently only be hidden from certain angles, it is hoped that eventually the cloak will be more sophisticated, and not so visible itself.

“What an absolute stupid thing to waste money and scientist’s time on don’t you think? I mean, it can only cause trouble? Why would anyone want to be invisible, unless they are up to no good? I, can’t even imagine how this can work? And, you can’t keep a goldfish or cat still, so does this cloak move around the room? Oh this makes me cross, when there are things that need clever scientists and we are paying people to do this rubbish! For Goodness sake, leave that to the film makers.

 

A MAN survived a 100ft fall from a bridge in Scotland, only to die in a hospital mortuary after paramedics failed to spot his vital signs, that he was still alive?

“If he fell from a bridge, did he not want to die?

 

Manchester tops the league of premature deaths - with the highest rate of people dying before their time, according to new figures.   

“So why is this?

 

A heavily-pregnant mother with appendicitis died after two unsupervised trainee surgeons removed one of her ovaries by mistake. Teaching assistant Maria De Jesus, 32, was admitted for surgery at Queen's Hospital in Romford, Essex.

“Oh this is awful. It  didn’t say what  happened about the baby though?

 

Hub just text me from his train. Someone went under the one before his, so he is running late and stressed in case he will be late for  his meeting. I wish people who were going to end their lives, would do in in their place of living or at least where the least people were going to be affected? The poor train drivers who see this awful thing before their eyes? Also the family of the dead person, I mean, to think that is how your loved one has died?

OK, enough moaning for now, ha, I will come back later with a smile, I promise. Hugs. x

No comments: