translate

Wednesday 12 June 2013

GRUMPY BUT HAPPY


Good afternoon Bloggets. I have had a very nice day. I have a break for ten minutes then back to the workhouse, ha.

I can’t believe how hot it is today? This morning it was raining, that kind of rain that is pleasant. Gentle and refreshing, soft drops. It didn’t last long enough to become annoying. It felt like kisses from the clouds. Then the heat came. I think it may be the hottest day so far? Gosh, about nine days now of nice weather.

After doing some paperwork this morning I met with my friend. We went to our shops, and then ended up having a coffee, at our local coffee shop. Oh she is so lovely. We get on really well. I feel really relaxed with her, very comfortable. I got all I needed bits and bobs that I forgot to add on the home delivery. I know I could have gone back into my shopping basket, and ran the order through again, but when you are using a screen reader, it’s more bother than it is worth, now then, if I didn’t have my friend, I would have had to do that but because I have her, five minutes and all bought.

Those cash machines are a pain though? They are all different. It’s like disabled toilets, I hate them, but when you are a lady needing to go…. And you are faced with a humongous room, full of sounds of hand dryers, taps running, toilets flushing, ladies talking, and you go in there, feeling about, really it’s awful, so if I can go through one door, lock it and then play the hunt for the toilet game, a game I am getting more professional at, then it is better, but what I don’t understand are two things. One, our toilets in the UK, have a picture of an odd half circle that is meant to represent a wheel for a chair, with a stick person sitting on it, who looks like they could do with a good meal.

So being in a wheelchair, is the only disability?

If they are meant for blind people too, why not have a lady, or a man, or a flower on not your disability? I mean, how would the designers of the loos, like to have the toilets they use with a simble of them on the door? A spotty faced man, or a lady of the night, dressed in all her finery, if you are a little on the loose side of life, It’s like having a black person on the door and that toilet only can be used for black people or a white person and only white can use them? For God sake, a toilet is a toilet? Why generalise ourselves? Then you get in, the lay out is never the same. So if you can’t see, you have to use your seeing tools. Your hands/fingers. Really, it’s not pleasant? If they all had the same lay out, like, at the back of the room, the toilet, then the loo roll, then the sink, then the machine that  dries your hands then the bin then the door out. How hard can it be? Sometimes those toilets, you almost have to be an acrobat to flush?

OK, enough on toilets. I’m not even sure how we got here? How did we get onto this subject?

Oh, yes, cash machines…. hahahehehe.

Why are they, all different? The one today, had no sound, fare enough, but the button on the number five, to let us know where we are on the key pad, was almost impossible to feel. Oh then, I put my card in and it kept pushing in further and further? In the end, I had to say to my friend, “Am I in the right hole?”

Kind of thing?

She laughed, don’t know why? Then said

“God, no, stop?” Continued laughing, as we realised, that under where you normally put it, there was a gap the same as the slot to enter your card, but that one, just ate your card? If I had kept going  thinking it would stop like the proper slot, where would my card have ended up?

Anyway, did what we needed to do and put the world right over a hot chocolate and a nice cake.

We talked for three hours……. Gosh, that girl can talk?

Now, my gardener is coming… Oh. I felt real bad as I had / have no money to pay her, but if she told me last night she was coming or this morning, I could have  got her money, bless her though she said it was fine, she will get it next time? I hate owing money though, but when she tells me how much it is, I will make sure tomorrow, I will get it out and keep it for her.

Hub and I off to the town tomorrow. We have an appointment with our bank.

Can’t wait?”

I hope we come out better off?

Last night, Hub was on the train, from the capital to Birmingham. He had nothing to eat all day, he was hungry, I said I would phone the hotel to see when the restaurant closed? I did, it was ten, Hub didn’t arrive until ten, so too late to eat. I asked to be put through to the kitchen. Ha, when it comes to my family, I will get results.

I spoke to a very nice lady who asked me some odd questions, I must say, but the ending was good, Hub got a sandwich. Chicken, with salad and crisps. He ate it in his room. He said it was burned? Hahahaha. Burned? It’s chicken, cold, with salad?

He said the salad was also warm, so he was not going to risk that. But he didn’t starve.

 So he will be home at eight tonight, if, the train is on time.

Teen off today, to meet with Bunche’s sister, for the first time. Also, sister Buns long suffering boyfriend. The sister sounds very much like Bunches Mum…

OK, back to housework and my groceries are due. So will play hunt the whatever game. Rattling, shaking, squeezing and sniffing.

Are they tinned beans, or soup? Are they plums, or tomatoes? Is it shampoo or hob cleaner? As for frozen food? OMG? Don’t go there? xx

 

No comments: