translate

Thursday 27 June 2013

EDUCATING THE SPY


I heard a funny thing yesterday from a friend who said they were a little concerned about their child’s education, as they sent their 12 year old Son to the local shop to buy a pair of shoe laces. On the child’s return, he handed over 2 packs of laces.

Well, bless him, at least he knows what a pair is, he could have brought back three packs?

The media at the moment is full of spy stories and conspiracies.

There are a lot of worries about the latest spy methods our country and others are going through right now.

The Uk Government spying scandal, is causing a lot of concern among Europeans, It’s said that Britain’s spy services, are tapping into the UK’s telephone and internet cables,

Documents have been leaked from the U.S former contractor, Edward Snowden, to cause enough upset around the world.

I just don’t understand how people really didn’t know this was going on for years?

I kind of have some empathy for our Government in this respect, as for terrorists, how else are they to know what is going on? I mean, we oftern hear it on the news, how so many people have been arrested as they had bomb and other  methods they were going to carry out across the UK. Well if there was a disaster, we would be the first to say

“Where were the security services?

To be honest, I grew up in the former USSR, so spying I am used to. I was followed everywhere. Now I used to get rather upset about this, I thought it was like being imprisoned. Not too bad for me personally, but for my Russian friends who suffered at the hands of their authorities. And suffer they did, believe me.

At the same time, I always felt safe in Moscow, though shivers used to blanket me with fear of whose eyes are watching. As for now? Well I have nothing to hide. I’m not doing anything wrong, so they will be bored stiff if they are watching me now. Though the other day with my mad aunt, they would have had a laugh?

I remember the days in Russia, when our friends would come to our hotel room or we would go to their houses, we would never be able to talk about anything. Nothing even so called normal subjects, so we would turn on the radio to block out the bugging systems. I would always take apart our room telephone, to see if there was anything there that looked as though it shouldn’t be? Funny thing was, there was always a loose metal chip, I used to remove it and throw it out of the window, hoping no one was sunbathing on the ground from our twelfth floor? The phones would still work perfectly, so I never knew what the metal object was, but as a child, I was convinced it was something to do with spying.

Of course now we learn they spy through wires, but times may have moved on, or was I an over enthusiastic child?

So what will be the outcome of this latest scan? A war? Normally when we are to change the presses subjects, we have a war then all the past news worries are forgotten about and we move on.

There is the birth of our future Kings child coming up, so perhaps it will be something happy for a change?

I hope so.

Right off to get ready to go to my friend Geordie girl’s house. xxxx

No comments: