translate

Tuesday 18 June 2013

FINAL PART OF MY OSLO DIARY


So my final part of this Diary. After finishing our walk through the beautiful hilly forest, passing the moss covered large stones and tall trees, there were trees turned upside down, showing the roots off I think for an exhibit? Looked odd though, the beautiful garden in the place we were staying was so wonderful, it was a sensory garden. Oh the smells, of lavender and mint were gorgeous. There were sounds of Moose and geese telling us where the doors into the building were. The pathways were of different textures, slate, stone and wood. This was to help people know where they were. We picked Hub up from his meeting and were told to meet for before dinner drinks at half past six. A quick shower, hair straighteners and make up. That was just Hub? Hahahahahaha. Joking, he didn’t have a shower…….

I wore some pretty black leggings, with diamonds down the side of the leg. Real of course…..

With a beautiful designer top I bought myself, for a treat before I left the UK. It is long at one side and has the most beautiful silky feel. It is turquoise, orange, black, navy, purple and gold’s.  Hub stayed in his suit. We met our friends from Turkey and Woolfgang from Germany. We had champagne and it was rather lovely.

Then for the dinner. Arty wrote out the menu for the evening in English, so we knew what the meat eaters were having…. Poor Moose…

It was a four course meal, Again I ate healthy until dessert. We had typical Norwegian cake with almonds and creamy ice cream with delicious strawberries.

The wonderful Lord received his medal, for all the hard work he has put into life for the blind. He came to speak with us, what a really really nice genuine man. An elderly man from days when England had gents. He was so gracious for his award and this man will have everything, but of course, his sight. He was every bit as wonderful as Hub has always told me. Hub has huge respect for this man, as have I now.

It was a beautiful dinner, then off into the playground.

Oh that was the best. There is an assault course and Hub and another gentleman, I won’t tell who, to spare his blushes, but they went on the equipment, the swinging tires, roundabout and poll. Oh my word? We laughed so much, my insides were killing. It was great to see Hub so chilled and as for the others? They are so human. So good though and incredibly funny. We were like a group of school kids.

Then the next day, we did breakfast, Hub went into another meeting, Arty and I packed her in her room me in mine, we chilled on the veranda and picked Hub up for lunch, so ate ate ate. Said sad goodbyes to some lovely people. Special people. Intelligent, wise with words and actions, kind caring, brave and strong. Thank God for them and thank God for my weekend in a place I will treasure forever. Thank you Oslo and the world.

    

 

No comments: