translate

Saturday 22 June 2013

BLIND LOVE


Today I was asked a funny question.

“How do blind people fall in love and how do they know they are in love?”

Hahahaheheheheheheheeeeehhhhheee

Sorry, I shouldn’t laugh….

But it was funny, though when the person is so serious about such a question, I have to give an honest answer.

“How are people like you so stupid?

No, joking, I didn’t say that because no question is stupid. If it needs to be asked it’s not stupid. The only stupid thing is, if you can’t answer? So here is my answer.

 

 

 

 

“Em.

Only joking. Well it’s like this. I don’t see who I am in love with now, I could see when I fell in love with my Russian boyfriend and I honestly will tell you, second time around with my now Hub, is amazing. So much nicer than when I could see, though everyone who saw the photo of my Ruski Malchik, said he was the best looking man they had ever seen. He was amazing, but, my Darling Hub is sooooooo special. He is the first blind person I have dated. I don’t know if it is him, or most blind people, or the fact that I have loved him since he was six, or the fact that he is simply gorgeous? Or like you when you fall in love, there is that electric. Blind people use electric too you know? We even have washing machines?

The first time Hub put his arms around me, was as though I was being lifted by God. When our cheeks touched, it was like the feathers of an angel. His kiss was soft, gentle and so very loving. I first held his hand and I had come home. My insides melted like ice from a high roof, into spring plants. I had a rubble of butterflies inside my body. They started fluttering in my stomach but burst open my insides and took over every nerve I possessed.

My face beamed. My eyes apparently shone and I was officially in love.

“What do blind people see in their partners when they fall in love?

Well, next time you are with the one you are in love with, close your eyes. We go by the voice, intelligence the way a man holds you loves you talks to you and about you. Everyone is different, but what I am trying to say is, we fall in love the same as you, the same as we enjoy chocolate the same as you. You enjoy a glass of wine the same as us? We just don’t see who we are looking at. Now, me, I know my Hub was handsome when we were at school, so I just in my head, added some years onto him.

Because I have that picture in my mind, it is easy for me; Hub has never been able to see. He says he loves my voice, my accent, my hair and a few other bits and bobs… But we just have a connection. He thinks I am beautiful, and for that moment, I am glad he can’t see, only for that moment, as bless him, if only he could see, I bet he would run like heck? Hehehehehehe

I tell you though, I would chase him.

When my Husband touches me, he has hands like velvet. He is just beautiful. Some men who can see look at me, I don’t see what they are looking at, but, I can feel, my Husband looking at me.

OK, those who are our friends, you can come from behind the couch now or put away your buckets….

I’m finished on this subject... Thank you to the person who asked such a question. Oh, one of my friends likes people who can make him laugh. But you know when I introduced hub to my girlfriends, they said how handsome he was, and at the back of my mind, I remember that, this is good. xx  

No comments: