translate

Monday 24 June 2013

A VISIT FROM GDI AND CO


Few, Bloggets, I wish we lived walkable distance to a pub? I really really really need a drink or something that you have to be over the age of eighteen to purchase right now, and I don’t like alcohol.

I’m desperate for some wine or anything and I need to get very drunk.

This is something I never feel or ever do?

I just feel like I have been through the mill this week and what has just happened now, makes me really want this more.

I’ve just had a visit from the good people of Guide dogs.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, I received a text, but was on my way out to the garage to put some clothes in the dryer, because of course that is what you do? Go to your garage to dry  your clothes?

Ha. I came in, thought it could be someone I need to  be in contact  with, and so looked at my mobile.

It was the lady from Guide dogs.

“Hi  Fiona, we are outside, if you make your way out, to go to the shop, we will follow you without Waggatail knowing?

Well this text came three minutes before. I panicked. Quickly let Wagga out to pollute, got her  sweet, lead, harness and doggy bag, put on my shoes, locked the doors and off we went.

I am glad it was done in such a way, as I was really dreading them coming so if I knew I was to do this, I would have panicked even more.

Of course all the children would be out at the school a huge distraction.

We crossed the first little road in our street, passing by the overgrown shrubs and wild trees which poked at us last year and now have grown back and come back for revenge.  Revenge for what? Not sure, as I love trees/nature so they should be attacking others, but I guess others would not be so  silly as to rub themselves too close to them?

Their spiky brambly texture scratched my bare arms as I passed by,  but they wore beautiful fine perfumes.

With all the rain combined with the heat, the air was  fresh, an yet, very floral.

We turned at the right place Wagga ignored the man cutting his grass and the person filling a skip. She walked me around bins and so far so good.

All  the time, knowing I am being watched.

We walked and walked the long forever road towards the zoo. The roses have the sweetest fragrance right now, and there is a house where they have a small dog who lives on the windowsill in there, and who warns us to keep away from  his house  each time we pass. I never see anyone out in his garden, or I would ask what they have in their front garden?

Oh it is the most amazing smell. So beautiful. If you could put it into perfume, it would be all what people  would buy.

Well then a true life angel appeared, when I next see her, she will laugh at being described as a true life angel.

She appeared just at the point where the zoo was. Just at the same point where Wagga and I have a battle about her wanting to cross the road to the park and me telling her she has to go to the shop?

This angel shouted

“Fiona, hi!”

I recognised her as a friend from church. We talked for ages, I was so pleased to see her, for one, she calmed my nerves down, as she is so sweet and friendly. Always cheerful too, and two, she gave me chance to think where I needed to go next.

Well we said goodbye after talking for a while, me with the knowledge that we were being watched and I am sure GD ladies would be thinking, for  Goodness sake Fiona get a move on? We have places to go?

Anyway, went to the cycle track and she was perfect all the way, even when we passed the little monkeys in the zoo. They were talking about Forget me nots, so whether or not they were  doing some nature study or what? Not sure.

Now for those new Bloggets, or those of you who are just happening to view this page for the first time, let me explain the talking monkeys?

They are children in their school playground, I call them monkeys, as they are behind a fence, like a cage and they climb on the fence to shout for our dogs. They make sounds that they think are a bark, but to me, they sound like little chimpanzees.

We went to the shop and I got my milk, came out she did great, it’s as though she knew someone was watching her. She was a little badly behaved on the way back, but nothing compared to what she was like in the past.

We had a long and difficult chat when we returned. About should they take her away  if I’m not happy and so on.

I said if they did, someone who gets her would have her a few  weeks and return her. The only reason I still have her is because I am an animal lover. I think it is awful the poor dogs get past from home to home. This is my girl’s home now. I have a  Son who is behaving in a manner I don’t like right now, but this does not say I am throwing him to the lions?

So we kind of passed the hour and a half, chatting about what can be done about her. I have to get a bag that goes over my shoulders. The lady said a (Radley handbag) Ha, for milk? I would die if it leaked. She said the plastic bag was hitting Wagga in the face as I was walking, so I needed a shoulder bag, so I could have a free hand.

I have a tendency to keep in at the left, so my fault again. My confidence would not be good the dog will pick that up. I said my confidence is not good, when one is faced with a huge bus?

My fault because I take Wagga for a free run on the field.

She was not impressed with my friend arty walking there with us. Well I said, Wagga actually looked across the road to the park when I got her, before she went there for her free run?

Then I told her that Arty was doing a good job and had been to Oslo with us, so was perfectly equip to walk  Wagga on the field. To be honest, it’s not a huge issue since we have done free  running here, it was before then.

Then I should have a treat for her when we return, I said I do give her one. She was the lady who said I should have the  dog dish on Hubs piano for home  coming, remember? My Hub will not let anything on his piano, let alone a dog dish?

I remember when I told him that, his face was a picture.

How do I know his face was a picture?

I can tell in the way he speaks, or in this case, how he didn’t say a word, as he was in shock.

Then  when he had a moment to think about life, he had plenty of words to say resulting in I was not to put a dog dish on his highly polished piano? Hahahahaha

I told GD though that I always give her a treat, so in the end I did feel for her  as everything she was suggesting, I was doing, but, she then said

“I don’t understand, when I brought her to you, she  was perfect? What’s happened?” _ Fiona, you have spoiled her?

I reminded her that Wagga would not answer her name when I got her as I told her, also, I said

“If you remember, when I told you what she was like when we had her a couple of weeks, you, said, that she was a different dog and we laughed saying the dogs must have been swapped?

She  just said in a slow voice

Yes

So I was strong. I hoped I would be and thank God I was, or I would be thinking it is my fault.

The long and the short of it is, she asked if they should remove the dog.

God, I said no, I mean, bless her, she is a lovely thing, just needs  training. She is for sure improving. When  I got her, she was dreadful, now she is so much better and like  a man said from Guide dogs, the dog takes up to a year before they really come into themselves, I mean someone like Hub or my friend Jo, who uses their dogs every day for life, I don’t’ know what they are to do for a year? This is where guide dogs abroad work better as they are not qualified until at least two, well the dogs in Oslo for sure that is the case.

Anyway, they left, saying all three dogs were in excellent shape, thanks to them as the dogs only eat the best food, thankfully paid for by Guide dogs, as it is not much change off £100 every six weeks, per bag by the way and I use three.

It is the best food with everything a dog needs  for their health and fur.

I didn’t get wrong for getting my Wagga’s glands seen to, as they hate you doing that, the nurse from GD was here too, so we had the full workout and I think I did an aftercare for Hubs LC too, hahahahhaha. As I had to answer questions about her weight and so on.

All dogs could be in a dog show, they are slim and shiny and have perfect teeth, even old Black beauty. She only looks people say, about eight.

She is eleven.

So they said I was a good parent. I am, because I love them. I would never let them be overweight, as I  know that is so bad for their health and they don’t think because I feed them toast as one of my friends does each morning her dogs get a slice of toast and butter, the dogs  don’t feel more loved, honest, they just  get unhealthy and get diabetes, heart troubles and joint trouble. I love animals so I don’t want them to hurt.

My friend makes her dog a Sunday dinner with Yorkshire puddings at least three times a week? Really bad for the poor thing,  and her dogs can’t breathe.

So now they have gone and I did feel a little sad, as the GD lady who passed me and Wags, is leaving this area, so I will never see her again and she was rather tearful when she left. That was really quite sad bless her. I think she will take the move rather badly. She is moving area, so new house new friends to be made too. I know that feeling and it is hard.

She asked if I would keep in contact and I said I would, and I will as when we were (training  with Waggatail, her and I had some fun. Shopping. Hahahahah. Training? What’s that?

Never mind, all fine now.

Later gators.

No comments: