translate

Tuesday 18 June 2013

HEAVENS DOOR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


HEAVENS DOOR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On the breaze of the trees

Floating in air

With bent knees

Flying without a care

The earth below me

Everything looks so tiny

Take a rest on a fluffy cloud

The silence has no sound

Off I go again

Don’t quite know how or when

The air is so fresh

I try to catch my breath

Is this my death?

Do I have wings?

If so I’m seeing the most amazing things

Dots of colours

Flowing rivers

Hanging branches

Kissing water lilies

Everything up here is so pretty

Flying over the city

Life there so busy

Peaceful parks

Seas of sharks

Office blocks

Rugged rocks

Blinding lights on shops

I want to fly higher

Away from that fire

Smoke is filling me with netted pain

Never do I want to be on earth again

Sore eyes deaf ears

Let me be free

 Of all fears

 There is a rainbow

I try to touch it

My fingertips can only watch it

Shadows form in front of my eyes

Spitting out horrid flies

Sinking down now

So low to the ground

Spinning around

Feeling confused and dizzy

My life on earth is too busy

An yet nothing to do

A foot without a shoe

A hand without a glove

I need to be here high above

Golden sun

No need to run

Leave behind

So called fun

Torturous pathways

Crumbling mountains

Through the foggy haze

Drinking from fountains

Heavy sands

Scrapes along my hands

Punching fists

Hard on my chest

Looking up

Oh what a mess

Peering down at me

Looking very distressed

He is wearing a mask

Machines scream my name

The words echo

She is back with us again

Where did I go

 What happened to me

A different way of life

Through itself back at me

They said I died

But it wasn’t my time

Life goes on

Climbing the vine

The fruit for the glass

My red wine

Races again through my veins

I sit here thinking of all the pains

I would have left behind

My family’s heartbeat goes on

But for how long

I’m not afraid anymore

For I have flown through heaven’s door

No comments: