translate

Monday 17 June 2013

MY DIARY OF OSLO PART 1


Good day to you my Bloggets. I hope you are all well? I’m back from Oslo!

Our journey began very early on Friday morning. We took a taxi to the train station and met with my friend the artist. She was to come with us, and whilst my Hub was in his meetings, we were to spend time together, rather than me staying in the room. To be honest, I really didn’t mind doing that, though the heat in the room was so hot, I would have possibly died? Ha, joking.

The train was empty. Arty and I did what we do well, and talked for England. We arrived in the capital, London, went for a tube to the airport. Again, the tube was empty. I joked and said; people must have heard we are out and about, so stayed in for safety.

The flight was packed. My heart in my mouth. Leaving teen, three dogs and a canary. Irish of course.

I hoped my teen would be OK? Well, not going into detail, he was more than OK.

We arrived in the airport, the people were so friendly. It was immaculately clean. The air was fresh. It was such an easy process to get through the airport.

The funny thing though, getting back out? Well, that wasn’t so easy.

We were to meet with a colleagues of Hubs. Hub told me he thinks his colleague, is partially sighted, but has good sight. Well, I said to Hub.

“Oh if he is waiting for us, how will he see us? Hub replied saying that his sight is very good.

Well, Alan waited and recognised us, also Arty, walked with us, to a man on his own, so the connection was made.

Anyway, we took a taxi. What a beautiful car. So posh and Arty said she could see her face in the shine of the outer part of the car.

Alan told us how beautiful everything was. He talked of the huge lake and the golden cows. I’m thinking, God, his sight is good?

Arty described the hills, the fluffy skies, the signs telling of Moose on the roads, so to be careful?

The driver spoke wonderful English.

As soon as you enter another country, you hear how educated people, like taxi drivers are. Bus drivers, waiters. You come into our country, You are lucky if your driver speek English? Ha. If you find an English speaking driver or waiter, they never speak anything other than English. For sure the tidy clean towns and countryside can not be found over here.

We drove about 45 minutes from Oslo. To a place called Hurdal.

Oh my word. I did not know what to expect, as we were to be staying in a rehabilitation centre, for the blind.

I had all sorts running through my head. I won’t write here what they were, but shall let your imagination run wild, and please, let it run very wild?

I wasn’t really bothered, as I just wanted to be with Hub as much as possible, as we arrived home last night at half ten and tomorrow, he is away again for a week to America.

Home a few days then off again to the states again. So just  to be with him was good for me, no matter what the accommodation was like.

We drove into the drive of this place of residence. As Hub paid for the taxi, which was the equivalent of £100 by the way, the car stopped. The car door opened and we had arrived. What to expect? Oh, and  what we received? Laters gators. xx

  

 

 

No comments: