translate

Tuesday 11 June 2013

10 DOWNING STREET? REALLY?


Good evening Bloggets.

Seeing my lovely friend tomorrow. Looking forward to it, as she is such a lovely person. Nothing is a bother so if we want to stay in and have a chat, fine, if we want to go out shopping or wherever, no trouble.

I don’t know if my Hub has arrived in London, as he has not told me. So I won’t hear from him, until he is on the train to Birmingham.

 

Well as you may know Bloggets, I like to give you some stories, poems, girly chat, facts Fi’s Tech and news. I look around and try to find something in every few blogs to interest at least one of you, now tonight’s subject, you may think, “What?

But it is different, like us all. Tonight’s blog touches on, graphite.

Graphite is a grey crystalline, allotropic form of carbine that occurs as a mineral in some rocks and can be made from coke. It is used as a solid lubricant in pencils and moderator in nuclear   reactors.

My friend in Russia works with such materials. Graphite is 97% transparent, so, can be used to make screens for touch screens for example, it also can be used for hybrid cars. Graphite charges the cars much quicker. It can be incredibly thin, an yet, as strong as a diamond. Interesting?

 No?

 Oh! Well it is considered the latest fantastic finding as it bends to shape, is tough and is see through.

OK, here are some more Fi’s fun facts.

The longest word in the English dictionary is antidisestablishmentarianism, with 28 letters.

The word ‘graffiti’ comes from the Italian ‘graffiato’, meaning scratched.

The longest carrot was 19ft long. Grown for fourteen months in a 21ft tube… How crazy, as you would not be able to eat that surely? Fourteen months, not sure I would want to?

Britain’s most famous street address, 10 Downing Street, used to be number 5. As the original owner, Sir George Downing, kept building down the street.

So there you go Bloggets, ha, you can go to bed tonight, knowing that you are so much more knowledgeable than you were this morning?

You can’t?

Oh!

Hahahhehehehehehe.

Well I shall do some work now, I have a lot of notes to write and some letters to prepare, so on that note, I shall send you love and chat again later gator as my American family say. Xxx

 

No comments: