translate

Sunday 9 June 2013

MOTHER IN LAW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


One week from today, will be the  Anniversary of the death of my dear Mother in law. Two years have passed and Hub and I still hurt for our loss. She loved the garden, she entered every competition for her flowers and had cups and awards for everything she entered. She used to come to our house. We would laugh, and say she was like the Red Cross, as she would bring  parcels of homemade food. Vegetables from the garden and beautiful flower displays she made. On our wedding day, almost three years ago, she did all the flowers, the wedding cake and all of the beautiful table displays. She did the flowers for the men’s jackets and even bows for our two guide dogs. She was a lovely person. I miss her so much and wish she had not gone away?

This is for you Mum. Please  know I adore your Son and will love him forever. I will take care of him as well as I can and try to get him through the day of your  Anniversary. X

Mother in Law

By Fiona Cummings

Memories of you are so wonderful

Days we spent together were so beautiful

I still taste the food you baked

Like the pies and delicious cake

You came into my life too late

Why did you go

Could you not wait

 We still have the roses you planted

Though in a different garden now

I look at the wedding flowers you created

So talented and I wondered how

Oh why did you have to leave so early

God could have left you a little longer surely

It took me so long to find you

People like you are far and few

You stood out in a crowd

You made me so very proud

To be your daughter in law at last

To have found your Son

My love from the past

A complete family I had

Now I am left so sad

Why do the good go

And leave us with the bad

You were a real flower show

A winner for sure

So kind and funny

Absolutely pure

I will never forget

 The first time we were reunited

I  came to meet you

I was so excited

 I had been without my own Mum for so long

She left me too it was wrong

You gave me a hug

And I knew I was home

No longer alone

My angels had answered my question

You showed me so much affection

In the garden we laughed so much

You fed us your home made lunch

Then read us the news from your paper

We talked of politics and religion

Then in a whisper,

 God’s good creation

Left me and your  Son

Tears for heavens gain

And our loss, our pain

No comments: