translate

Tuesday 4 February 2014

UNTIL THE END BY FIONA CUMMINGS


UNTIL THE END

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

They talk about it being Valentine’s Day

Well, what am I meant to say?

I didn’t ask him to go away

I did think he would have sent a card

I guess his heart, is so rock hard

Flowers are being carried past my window

But they don’t stop at my house

Oh no

They asked what I got

I told them nothing and their all laughing I bet

It’s just another day I say to myself

But my heart says I am left on the shelf

Just to have a hand to hold

Those important words to be told

My love has been sold

A bare finger where there should be gold

He was to be my husband

My tears are sharp like a diamond

 Cutting through my skin

The pain burns deep within

Will I ever trust another?

I am nobody’s lover

Everyone’s best friend

Will this be the way until the end?

 

 

No comments: