translate

Thursday 13 February 2014

GOOD TIMES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good times

By Fiona Cummings

If only you knew what you did for me

You opened my heart and set me free

You gave me the feelings I only dreamt of

Showed me the signs I wanted to see

 Poured out jugs of love

Silver raindrops fell from above

Golden sun came out to play

All of my sadness was blown away

As though a fairy Godmother gave me a wish

I swam to warm shallow waters like a fish

I flew over the highest mountains like a bird of pray

For once in my life I wanted to stay

No longer had I felt as though I should run away

Darkness turned on a light

I felt like no longer I had to put up a fight

My cold damp winter

Didn’t hurt if I had a splinter

Time with you I didn’t   regret

But the best time I could ever hope for

You lifted me up from the dirty floor

The handle turned on a brand new door

A new start

A healthy heart

I didn’t want our day to end

Didn’t want to part

My dearest friend

What you gave will live with me till the very end

It was so real

We didn’t have to pretend

Thanks one hundred times

I send a fruitful gift

The sweetest grapes growing on the vines

I’m grateful for such good times

 

No comments: