translate

Friday 14 February 2014

CHOCOLATE VALENTINE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I received my invitation to visit the chocolate factory and this is what I found

Chocolate Valentine

By Fiona Cummings

Come right this way

Marvin did say

Celebrate with us

It’s Valentine’s Day

I was handed a chocolate kiss

Made as specially for me

Carter’s nose still twitched

 All the smells you see

This was magical still for me

To see the little mushroom house I was asked to enter

Still blew my mind as I shrank to a splinter

To the tiny handle on the minuscule door

To the ever so lo ceiling to the polished floor

Songs were sang by Melanie

Words like amor

Such a beautiful melody

Played by Jake

And in came the most amazing cake

With chocolate bows

And a single rose

White chocolate candles

On a silver tray with wooden handles

Carried by Jim

I loved seeing him

He took it to Val his loving wife

Handed her a silver knife

She took a slice

Said Wow that’s nice

And gave in return

A lesson we must all learn

The smile from her heart

And that was the start

Of the Valentine party

I was given a biscuit with a smarty

And it was delicious

There was something suspicious

About the box in the corner

It had tiny holes

And was moving ever so slightly

It was hanging from poles

And I could just about hear

I was sure it was a bird

Then it all became clear

We were asked to go outside

And the box was brought too

The most beautiful view

High head in the tree’s

With knobbly knees

Was giraffe

I did laugh

This was all too surreal

But the love I did feel

As Noddy removed a tiny puppy from the box

It was like a fox

On his baby blue collar

He wore a bell

With a golden coin for a message

He wanted to tell

Gnomes, Elves and Fifi

It’s like this you see?

I want to share my pretty puppy

And welcome him into my family

So I need to ask Nancy

If she will marry me

Just then he put the puppy down

And he ran around the ground

Nancy picked him up

And attached to his collar was a ring

The choir of Elves began to sing

A chocolate dove

And lots of love

  With Cadburys hearts

And melting stars

Bubble-gum balloons

Hung from houses like mushrooms

Everyone danced

On this day full of romance

No comments: