translate

Tuesday 18 February 2014

ROCKED OUR WORLD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Rocked our world

By Fiona Cummings

 

Today was the day that rocked our world

Splinters replaced what once was gold

Little did we know what would unfold?

Summer days are so cold

I didn’t want to hear the words you told

Or see the letter there all in bold

But we must shake off all troubles and start a new

To see our future

Stand in the queue

Others are going through the very same

This is to some, a sick game

We are players so roll the dice

We can’t have all sugar and spice

We have been given the rough deal

No one can say

We don’t keep it real

All I can say is this is how I feel

We will get through this

I know we will

For an angel sent us a kiss

And a silver pill

A feathered mop

To dry up the spill

One foot forward

May be you do two, back

But I shall be behind you

To watch your track

On your way now

Wipe your brow

Brush off those cobwebs

I will show you how

Rags and threads

What were once fine silk

Water curdled from milk

But we are alive

And again we will thrive

Just how I don’t know

What do we have to show?

Where now do we go?

Not too fast

Take it slow

A deep breath and go with the flow

 

No comments: