translate

Friday 7 February 2014

MY STORY ON MY MIND


I feel a real         failure for sure. After going to bed on a low, because I am so overweight, my Husband was really kind to me and then I blow it. I got up through the night and ate not only crisps, but a chocolate bar. I haven’t done that in ages. Oh I am so cross with myself. I hope today, I will resist both things and then make up for it. I just couldn’t sleep. Didn’t help the fact that I am listening to a book which is really disturbing me. OK, why listen to it I hear you shout? It’s like an itch and I need to scratch it.

Almost a compulsion to get to the end. It’s disturbing because it is my story. My horrible story of my life. Well, almost, it’s kind of spookily too alike.  As though the author has hijacked my mind and thoughts. So I am reading it to see what the ending is. Will it be my destiny?

   The story is the bad Mother, by Isabelle Grey. Here is the synopsis

Are there secrets that should never be told?

If so, how far must a mother go to keep them?

Tessa Parker runs a successful B&B in a seaside town. During a surprise visit, a long-lost aunt lets slip a family secret with devastating consequences.

Navigating her own turmoil at a crucial moment in her children's lives, Tessa's search for her birth father forces her to decide who she really wants to be.

But now her son is missing. Has she left it too late to be a good mother?

It is rather a slow start leading into the middle of the book, but my word when it gets going, it’s a real tangle.

No comments: