translate

Friday 21 February 2014

EYES OPENED IN SCOTLAND PART 1


Good morning Bloggets. My word. What a past few days we have had? Now back to reality. I have a day to prepare our house for our friend coming tomorrow. Tonight I am going to the theatre, so must write this as quick as I can.

 It was exciting, amazing, so deeply sad and beautiful, all in one big dish of life.

Our eyes have been opened and our hearts are warmer.

One day I would love to write a story about one of the people I met this week.

If my dream ever comes true, and I can publish books, with the permission of my dear friend, I would love to write her life story.

My Husband has been touched by this amazing person.

 We do for sure have angels on this earth, real living angels among us.

So our journey began two days ago. Seams like forever now as we have packed so much in!

Our painter was just cleaning up ready to leave. He has done a great job on our boy’s room. Teen is delighted with it.

So we left our Son with furniture everywhere

And of course. Black Beauty and Waggatail.

Got in the taxi, almost killed myself on our steep doorstep.

With all the rain, all of the concrete has left our doorstep and gone elsewhere. Hahaha.

Anyway, leaving us with a totally broken step.

What else can go wrong with this house? Hub calls it the house that Jack built….

But with our neighbours, we will put up with it for as long as possible

More on our neighbours later.

So in the taxi and off for our break. Oh as soon as I am in the taxi driving away from the house, I feel the stress lifting from me like a hot blanket slowly lifting, leaving a layer at a time. As the minutes go by in the car, the layers become less and less. Leaving me with new skin. Oh I can’t tell you how wonderful it is?

I wish I could put in better words how this feels.

But I feel as though I have been lifted up on a high cloud

So out of the taxi and streight onto a train

It took two and a half hours to get there. The staff at Edinburgh train station were amazing. A lady called Jacquie was so professional and friendly too. If only they knew how much us blind people respect and appreciate all what they do? Whereas flying? Oh it’s awful.

In the taxi to our hotel. I felt warm and safe once we got there and we stayed at the same room as Hub and I stayed in a couple of weeks ago when he was there on business.

Oh that was so funny. The reception had a lot of voices talking business. As Hub and I reassured the receptionist that we would be OK getting to our room, as our dog would remember hahaha. She was not sure about our enthusiasm of how we were going to get to the room.

She asked us if we were sure and she would show us the way? We said, no, don’t worry. Well, by this point, the reception was silent. Obviously, thinking we were the super blind

 Well, we tried to be.

Our dog Long Chops would not work, we went in on the door on the right, and didn’t know it but came out of a door on the left. Straight back into reception. Hahahhaehehheehehe

Egg on face moment

So we were shown to our room. It was wonderful nothing had changed in there. Even down to the bin in the bathroom, same place exactly.

I love the fireplace in there

The thick gilded picture above it too. I thought it may be a mirror but Hub said he thought it was a picture because it was too high to be a mirror.

You would have to be a giraffe to look through it.

Well, little did we know what was to follow?

Part two later.

 

No comments: