translate

Sunday 16 February 2014

MAGDA


A lazy day today. I like these days. My canary has just blown a kiss my way, haha, He’s Irish you know? And he makes that sound as though kissing in mid-air. Not that I kiss in mid-air, but you know what I mean?  You don’t? OK, let’s all try kissing in mid-air right now, no matter where you are, in the house, on the train in hospital or in the office. On the beach even. Haha. Get kissing? Come on, and remember to make that sound.

My dogs have my living room in a mess so must vacuum now.

Then tea. I had delicious soup for lunch. It was tomato, split lentils and red peppers with spices.  A real winter soup.

The sounds of hammering today with neighbours fixing wind damaged gardens echoed around our house but thank God ours is OK.

Had a lovely day with Hub and Teen. Just chillaxing.

My friend Magda has said I can write about her, so here goes.

Magda is 21, so does she go drinking, clubbing and charging around with her friends? No, not really, she cooks cleans irons and helps her much loved Mum with her three siblings, who need a lot of help as her two little brothers are disabled and she also acts like a  Mother herself to her younger  sister who is a Darling.

She wakes in the mornings and takes two busses to take her little brothers to nursery and school. She goes to college and has part time jobs too. She takes her family to swimming lessons, and she even helps her brother to do his homework as he doesn’t like anyone else to help him.

She also is a volunteer for a group for autism, as this is what one of her brothers has.

She is administrator for a lot of online groups and she is so caring towards her Mum who speaks very little English, so of course she will do all the translation for her Mum I would imagine.

What a lovely person she is and so very clever too. She is at college taking difficult exams and doing so well. She is a brick building a life for others and is so selfless.

I want to do something for her, so this is why we are going all the way to see her next week, to show her how much we think she is great and taking her out for lunch too. I wish there was some kind of recognition which could be shown to such a super hero.

Next time you see a young girl; think twice before you judge her, as it could be Magda.

No comments: