translate

Friday 7 February 2014

FIFI IN SOCHI


Dinner was enjoyed the boys had lots of chicken cooked in herbs, with sage and onion stuffing. Roast potatoes and vegetables. I had baked potatoes.

Then I had a delicious pear yogurt.

Now teen is entertaining the street. It sounds like a fair ground in our house, as he is in the garage working out. With his music blasting.

I am mortified what will our decent neighbours think? Oh well, at least it’s not bad language coming from the speakers?

My dear friend has baked a cake today and said she would bring a slice? Hehe. It sounds amazing. I will tell you if it makes it to me as if it were mine, not sure I would be able to part with it? Hahaha.

Oh I received a wonderful mail today from my friend who moved to Mexico. Oh the poor things have been so very ill with salmonella.

But the way in which she wrote about it, was so comical if for a minute I could think it was not about people I care about.

Oh Hub has the telly on and there is a singer on and whoever she is sounds amazing. What a voice? Do these people know what they do to people like me?

To hear a voice like that sends chills all over me.

The Olympics are off and running. I pray that they will go without a hitch?

Dear old Sochi. How I dream of that place. What amazing memories I have there. Oh I loved my time in Sochi many years ago.

I was tret like a Princess. From Moscow to Sochi.

I landed in a small jet and was asked to leave the flight before the other passengers. As a fourteen year old girl. I was so embarrassed to do such a thing. There was a red carpet leading from the steps of the airplane to a very large posh car. Our chauffeur opened the car doors for us and Mum and I got in.

We were introduced to our guide for the few days we spent there. He was a Doctor and rather a dishy one too. But at the time, I had fallen in love with a Moscovite

We drove down narrow lanes where the huge plate sized blooms of   magnolia kissed our windows of the car. Parked up at an amazing house, like a mansion. This was to be our house for the three days. Three members of staff greeted us at the door, and we were shown to our rooms. Yes rooms.  Wow, if you could have seen them?

I mean compared to the hotel in Moscow we stayed at, this place was a perfect palace.

Chrystal dishes of fresh fruit and sweeties. Beautiful furniture.

The balcony looked over gardens of beautiful blooms and ponds. And I have told you before about the time I was asked to go to the garden of friendship there was handed a spade and asked to plant a tree and do a graph with my name that was already on and it was to stay there forever, as long as the garden was there anyway. So somewhere there is my name on an orange tree with Yuri Gagarin and Toni Ben.

What an honour.

The weather was burning hot like an oven. I got badly burned by the black sea. But what a memory. And the people were wonderful. What a time in my life I will never forget. It is as though it was another world, another lifetime and another person. Not Fifi Blogget.
x

No comments: