translate

Thursday 13 February 2014

TEARS OF JOY IN THIS TURBULENT TIME


Good evening Bloggets. Well, I can sit down at last and have a chat with you all.

Let me tell you about my birthday first! Hub was away of course as you know, teen was at college but my loneliness didn’t last long before my friend came to see me. Bless her she brought a homemade cake for me. I was so grateful for her lovely company never mind a cake too? Then after about ten minutes, she handed me yet another gift. A bag with the most beautiful cardigan in. Oh I love it. Its navy blue, with cream flecks and the buttons are a washed out blue colour. Haha. That was teen’s description. He loves it too. He is really sweet about her. Saying how kind she is and of course, he loves her cakes… The second one in a couple of weeks. She also got me another couple of things one being a great clip you put on your key ring. It is a bunch of bells so when you lose your keys in your bag, and have one of those lady moments when you think you have lost your keys, you shake the bag and will be able to hear them. They are so cute.

We spoke for some hours then my other friend Geordie came to take me out for my birthday.

   Oh the weather was dreadful. So very windy, cold and pouring with rain.

But we had a lovely coffee and cake

I received some amazing messages all day by text and online.

I think this is the first year, I have felt like people really care. Some of the messages I received were just amazing. My friend from Japan sent me a great happy birthday song, which made me smile, and then my friend from Vietnam sent me a song about being 21. Haha. Her musn’t been able to find a one that sang 33?

Heheheheh. God, I’m going to have to stop lying about my age.

When I say how old I am. 33, I can feel people looking at me as though to say

“Heck, you’ve had a rough paper round?

Just to explain a paper round is usually young people teens, delivering news papers to houses. I guess the expression comes from being out in the elements, so perhaps you look a bit rough?

I can’t find anything on this proverb/saying.

Anyway, my shopping came. Hub ordered a birthday cake… Bless it was tiny like for one person?

We didn’t have a birthday tea or anything any candles either or balloons, I think Hub does Christmas much better than me and I do birthdays better than him.

It was a bit caravan like at tea time.

I wanted to make mince and dumplings but Hub told me I wasn’t to work on my birthday…

I argued for a while as really didn’t mind cooking but then decided not to disagree.

We couldn’t really relax, as I had to wash shirts and iron to get the things gathered together for Hub going away again today.

At the end of the day, I received my dear loving mad aunt’s card, but nothing from family, as ever. What I received was some amazing kind words from dearest friends and I was completely overwhelmed. My friend who I am going to meet in a weeks’ time, was so lovely. Words really touched my heart and I really did feel blessed. My friends Chuck and Sarah from America even posted me some words on my group.

I went to bed and slept with a warm feeling of kindness. The best gifts of all.

As for my boy, he bought me a beautiful large box with the most beautiful pale green bow and matching paper. Inside the box, were lots of lovely bath treats? Oh and his birthday card was my old Son back in words. Really beautiful words and he is the most amazing card picker, as he also got Hubs for him and Hubs card had an air balloon, what Hub talks about doing, it had a boy and girl, teen knows Hub and I met at school and loads of hearts.

It was five years since Hub and I got together for the first time since we were children.

And in those five years, my God we have been through everything any couple could go through in a lifetime.

Still here and survived it.

I can only say yesterday’s birthday was different. My friend asked me what did I mean by different?

I can’t really explain other than a coin of fortune fell from the sky and into my soul. Paying for an emotion which I have never had before. The realisation of how much my friends mean to me.

How blessed I was and I received the best message from my bf too. He made me cry, but this time, tears of joy in this turbulent time!

No comments: