translate

Monday 10 February 2014

THE BIRTHDAY ROSE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE BIRTHDAY ROSE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It’s my birthday and all I want I can’t have

It’s what I would get from my Mum and Dad

It would cost nothing at all

Just their words in front of me

Or a one minute phone call

 That would make me so happy

Forget the perfume or jewels

And cake with candles

Let’s break all the rules

And send me back my parents

I don’t want presents

Just voices I can hear and touch

Because I love them ever so much

Each birthday comes and goes

But the pain without them no one knows

What are chocolates or the reddest rose

Without their love my pain just grows

Are they looking down at me

What do they see

Their daughter with tears

For all the years

That she has been left as an orphan

This pain I have been dreading

My heart keeps on shredding

Will life ever be the same

 Is this Gods crazy game?

No comments: