translate

Monday 10 February 2014

NATURE IN MY MIND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


NATURE IN MY MIND

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Ouch a painful nettle

A purple petal

Came to settle

Floating down from bloom

I picked it up

 Held it  I was so gentle

And smelt the beautiful perfume

A yellow rose

Bit my nose

But the fragrance echoed on

I enjoyed from a bird

The most wonderful song

I have ever heard

It hummed all day long

And followed me

Flying from tree to tree

Over the hill what could I see

A flock of sheep

Fast a sleep

In the mid-day sun

How unusual they normally run

A cow moos

No time for them to snooze

A farmer walks to milk them

As I laugh at the clucking hen

There are piglets with their Mum

In the pen

Such fun

A day in the country

No need for money

As long as it’s sunny

To smell the beauty

It is my duty

To walk my dog

He’s such a cutie

Collecting litter

This makes me bitter

Why can’t people respect

What do they expect?

For the junk to disappear?

Folks are queer

I’m kind of glad non are here

Just me and nature

Is my culture

Like the food

Just grabbed by the vulture

Life is a play

Words we must say

But I keep it real

This is the deal

Just me and nature

Is my culture

I’m at peace

All ironed out

Not a crease

Older now but wiser too

From the animals in the country

To the zoo

Let’s hope the sky stays nice and blue

But for now tootle loo

No comments: