translate

Monday 17 February 2014

paint it?


I have so much to tell you and such little time, but I shall try to get as much in as possible then tomorrow I will have loads of time as on my own with my painter. Hahaha. The toothless one.

So firstly Hub and I went to the town and it was sooooooooo’oooooo busy. Of course, it’s half term here. Oh my God there were kids everywhere. I stuck my cane up one of the children’s noses. Hahaha. They didn’t cry so all was OK.

I think it was a she, as she / it, was all soft and squidgy.

 Oh you wouldn’t believe what happened? Passing the market, with all the Americanism going on, with Elvis singing in the background and the smell of onions cooking. Bouncing off anyone in the way haha. We got to our bank, well, close enough. We stood for a while and listened to try to hear the sounds of the cash machine.

As I stood thinking

“God, where is it?  How long are we going to stand here in the rain?

I heard

Friona!”

 It was our Louis from the Chinese restaurant

After we chatted for a while, I told him we were looking for our bank. He joked in his broken English and took us asking if we wouldn’t mind putting our money into his account? Hhahahaha

He was as lovely as ever. I was getting worried thinking he had moved on with his business, as we haven’t been for ages and we haven’t text each other either, but we were just saying last night, this is a tough week, apart from our treat seeing our friend in Scotland, so we will treat ourselves and go for Friday lunch as lunch time is really cheap.

Then today we meet him.

After the bank, we called into the theatre. We are seeing a great production called Brassed off. I will tell you more when I see it.

I asked my friend if she wanted to go but I don’t think it’s her thing, I am sure she doesn’t like brass music, I’m not too keen, but the story line from the movie, is a good one.

Now Hub is getting ready for tomorrow. He has a stressful day a head and I have to be up with him for support also the painter.

I asked my boy to clear his bedroom for the decorator coming. Hmm. Right, so Hub and I have just been in there to empty it. I will be glad to get it nice.

Then at last the entire house is done as best we can apart from the bathroom. Well, that will have to wait for a very long time, possible ten years? Haha. I am not joking.

We will have to just wear a crash helmet when we go in the bath as for the falling tiles hitting us.

We will try to forget the electrical fault in the spa bath.

So teen went to get the paint with me. He chose a nice blue. Now then, what shade of blue, I’m not sure, but it was his choice so he likes it he gets what he can live with.

I couldn’t believe the price of it?

Heck? £41?

For 5ltr!

Is this deer do you think?

Has it got bits of gold in it?

Oh you would laugh when I tell you this. It was on our news to not buy a “mattress” from a “Man in a van” haha.

Say. What?

Apparently, there are people who remove the thrown away mattresses from skips or dumps and even from roadsides where people have chucked away their unwanted beds.

They take them away and fit a new cover over them. Then sell them on.

How awful is that?

So if you have just bought a new bed, watch out, it could be ten years old with all sorts buried in the mattress. Yack?

My little dog is so clingy today. I don’t know why but she is making me feel so guilty about leaving her in a couple of days.

Oh I received a phone call from head office of guide dogs……….

I was not able to take the call as I was bank hunting at the time.

But, I will have to phone her back tomorrow. She asked how I was getting on with Waggatail.

As it has been a year since I qualified.

I have never had a call from H/O before.

OK, my Son is out with friends tonight so this is good, I think.

There are a lot of them so he will enjoy himself I’m sure.

Until tomorrow. X

No comments: